Interview/rejection, will all schools notify me via email, or do I have to look in their website?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MisterFutu

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
After completing my secondary application and waiting for the Interview/rejection, will all schools notify me via email, or do I have to look in their website portal thing?

Members don't see this ad.

All of my interview invites/rejections came by email. I would check the portals of all the schools I applied to about once a week, but otherwise, just camp out by your email inbox and have your heart race every time an email from a school shows up. Don't forget to neurotically check your spam and trash folders as well. ;)

watch out for drexel

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
All my II's were emails, and I'm still waiting on about half of my rejections. The ones I got were emails, though. I would check the portals every now and then, just in case.

Pretty much all II's come via email. Most rejections do as well, but some schools don't notify for those.

Don't check portals every day, you will go nuts.

Pretty much all II's come via email. Most rejections do as well, but some schools don't notify for those.

Don't check portals every day, you will go nuts.

But kills a solid 20 minutes at work ;)

Reactions: 3 users
1) yes Loyola does phone II
2) Duke does silent rejections via portal

Most rejections seem to be silent...

Reactions: 1 user
Some schools don't even put an actual rejection on your portal; your status just stays at "under review" or something like that for the entire process. At these schools, the only way to really know that you've been rejected is if it is May and you haven't been offered an interview, you can assume you've been rejected since schools are done interviewing at this point.

I got a pre-II reject email from UC Davis in February.

Reactions: 1 user
1) yes Loyola does phone II
2) Duke does silent rejections via portal

My grandma, who speaks no English, loves picking up the phone... I think it's time to hide the phones.

Reactions: 1 users
By silent rejections via portal for Duke, does that mean they change the status or not?

I had one II come via the phone, all the rest via email.