interview rescheduling for hurricane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

raincrew

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
just fyi to everyone: GW just called me and are strongly, strongly recommending people interviewing tomorrow and Friday to reschedule. this policy probably goes for most schools from maryland to north carolina.

Members don't see this ad.

I rescheduled my GW interview from Friday to Tuesday. It seemed like they were rescheduling all of the interviews. I think it's a good idea.

i got evms and gw both rescheduled. at least i'll live

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't reschedule, since I'm already in DC and was hoping that my morning interview tomorrow would slide in before the hurricane. I'll let you guys know tomorrow morning if this was foolhardy :D

www.gwu.edu

campus closed

dont know what that means for med admissions.

also all public transportation will shut down at 11AM. so call a cab.

Originally posted by Grumpy Bear
I didn't reschedule, since I'm already in DC and was hoping that my morning interview tomorrow would slide in before the hurricane. I'll let you guys know tomorrow morning if this was foolhardy :D

Just wanted to say this about GW...Last year I had an interview on a day when there was a big snowstorm and the campus was closed. They ended up calling the morning of the interview and cancelling it. Don't know what they'll do this year though.

Yeah... blast it all... cancelled. Now I can't even reschedule yet since they're closed. I guess I'll have to make another trip out here. :(

grumpy bear
that really sucks

is it that bad in DC right now?
like a lot of rain and wind????

It's SO not bad... yes, raining, but it just started. No really strong winds yet, and my interview would have been long over by now. It's supposed to get bad tonight tho, so I'm sure everything will stay closed tomorrow. Hey so those of you that rescheduled GW interviews... what do you think the odds are that I can get rescheduled for monday or tuesday? I'm thinking of just sticking around, since I don't really want to buy another plane ticket down here. Is that still possible?

DC and Baltimore will not be hit with much rain. I think they said 2-4 inches by the morning. It's a matter of the strong winds 50+.