interview week whirlwind

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soccerfeet

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have 4 interviews set up in the next 8 days (Western, Midwestern, Samuel Merritt, and DMU). Any tips for these interviews? How did these interviews go for you? For people who applied at more than one of these schools, which ones did you like better and why? Any tips or info is appreciated. Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

At the top of the page there is a tab that says "Interview Feedback." You'll find pretty much all you need to know.

Remember to fill out the survey after your interview.

Do Western and Midwestern have any seats left?

Best of luck!!

Reactions: 1 user
I want to say that all of these school are full. Since these schools have smaller class sizes, they usually fill up a lot faster than the larger schools (Temple, NY, and Kent). If they still interviewing, it is more than likely for any wait list spots that they currently have. I wish you the best. If you don't get a seat from any of these schools, I would recommend applying to the larger schools for a shot at admissions. I'm sure those schools I mentioned earlier still have some seats available.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have 4 interviews set up in the next 8 days (Western, Midwestern, Samuel Merritt, and DMU). Any tips for these interviews? How did these interviews go for you? For people who applied at more than one of these schools, which ones did you like better and why? Any tips or info is appreciated. Thanks :)
I want to say that all of these school are full. Since these schools have smaller class sizes, they usually fill up a lot faster than the larger schools (Temple, NY, and Kent). If they still interviewing, it is more than likely for any wait list spots that they currently have. I wish you the best. If you don't get a seat from any of these schools, I would recommend applying to the larger schools for a shot at admissions. I'm sure those schools I mentioned earlier still have some seats available.

I would have to agree with Ashton... You're likely interviewing for wait-list spots, as these schools are likely full. Not sure if travel plans are refundable, but you stand to spend a lot of money to be told to reapply in August. If I were you I would call the schools and explain your situation and ask them directly if they still have spots available. I don't know if your travel plans are refundable, but hopefully you could save some $$$. If spots are available, your GPA and MCAT would probably make you a good candidate.

However, looking at your post history, I see that you switched from MD/DO to DPM after being told it was too late to apply. It may be beneficial to take the next year to figure out which you would like to pursue and put all of your efforts into applying for that, whichever direction you choose.

Reactions: 1 users
I've been told that Midwestern is full and has been for a while.

I know CSPM is for sure as well.

Thanks guys. CSPM has told me upfront that they are full and that it is a waitlist spot. The other ones have not been that direct in telling me either way.

Thanks guys. CSPM has told me upfront that they are full and that it is a waitlist spot. The other ones have not been that direct in telling me either way.
I've interviewed at three of the four schools you listed (cancelled DMU after I was admitted), and they all impressed me. Western and Midwestern especially. If you're like me and are inclined to stay on the west coast, I would highly suggest you don't settle with one of the bigger schools now. A smaller class size means the school will have more stake in your education because losing you would negatively impact their reported statistics way more than at a school with 100+ people in each class.

I agree with CoffeeMonster. If the schools you listed are your top choices, I would wait until the next cycle and apply early. If getting in and starting are your top priorities, I would apply to a school with potential seats left such as a NY or a Kent. I hope this helps. We're not trying to rain on your parade or be negative about your interviews, but the likelihood of the schools you listed having seats is slim to none. Keep your head up and stay positive. I wish you the best.