Interviews/acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prepjock4

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i've done two interviews in the past week, tomorrow will be 3...

i think i've had solid answers, been professional, had some good laughs with the interviewers and asked good questions afterward about the school, the only thing naggin me is this:
I'm still in school and during this whole experience i've been studyin for exams in biochemistry, physiology and embryology.
I hate to say this but while i'm in my interview i'm also thinkin about how i'm gonna tank those tests, and it hasn't made me unconfident but it has definitely rankled my nerves and made me a bit shakier in the interviews, like someone who isn't good at public speaking. No prob with words, answers or eye contact, just a general sort of trembling in the hands during the whole thing, maybe a few umms.. I've caught myself in one particular unexpected question saying like a lot in my answer, but i caught myself and told em i knew i was sayin it too much and that i know how annoying it can be hearin it on the other end of the interview, so that go ta laugh and i tried goin on without sayin it anymore (i dont like, think i did).

so my question is: how many of you felt you didn't do great or brooded over a particular part of the interview for days afterward only to get an acceptance later on? I'm sure a lot of you, it's just i'm in that brooding process, thinkin i did everything great or at least really well except for the nervousness. thisis my first time interviewin so hopefully they give a little leniancy.

I apprecaite any of you who can give me some stories that seemed bad at first but turned out fine in the end. Thanks and congrats to everyone accepted so far and good luck to teh rest of you in limbo with me!
-Jake

ps, i was probably 3 levels and a cup of coffee lower in shakiness than this guy :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

afrer my interviews I thought I did well, but then I kind of went over some of my answers and my overall presenation several days later and second guessed myself. I think that it's normal to overcriticize yourself after an interview. My results ended up being very good. So, just try to relax and remember, many of the schools use this as a time to get to know you abd they know that you are nervous.

prepjock4 said:
i've done two interviews in the past week, tomorrow will be 3...

i think i've had solid answers, been professional, had some good laughs with the interviewers and asked good questions afterward about the school, the only thing naggin me is this:
I'm still in school and during this whole experience i've been studyin for exams in biochemistry, physiology and embryology.
I hate to say this but while i'm in my interview i'm also thinkin about how i'm gonna tank those tests, and it hasn't made me unconfident but it has definitely rankled my nerves and made me a bit shakier in the interviews, like someone who isn't good at public speaking. No prob with words, answers or eye contact, just a general sort of trembling in the hands during the whole thing, maybe a few umms.. I've caught myself in one particular unexpected question saying like a lot in my answer, but i caught myself and told em i knew i was sayin it too much and that i know how annoying it can be hearin it on the other end of the interview, so that go ta laugh and i tried goin on without sayin it anymore (i dont like, think i did).

so my question is: how many of you felt you didn't do great or brooded over a particular part of the interview for days afterward only to get an acceptance later on? I'm sure a lot of you, it's just i'm in that brooding process, thinkin i did everything great or at least really well except for the nervousness. thisis my first time interviewin so hopefully they give a little leniancy.

I apprecaite any of you who can give me some stories that seemed bad at first but turned out fine in the end. Thanks and congrats to everyone accepted so far and good luck to teh rest of you in limbo with me!
-Jake

ps, i was probably 3 levels and a cup of coffee lower in shakiness than this guy :scared:
I for sure thought I'd get a rejection from one of the schools I interviewed at because I got grilled by one of my interviewers. It ended up as an acceptance though. Don't worry too much about it. It's over, out of your hands. Relax. :luck: