Interviews and acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

telly324

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone felt like they had a bad interview but ended up getting accepted anyway. I'm not sure if my interview was bad or good, and I'm getting kind of scared. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I've had two interviews that I felt went bad. I'll let you know as soon as I find out the results.

I think i had a pretty bad interview.. i think i did really horrible. my interview lasted 40 mins but my interviewer didn't smile at all.. i feel like they think i am bull****ting a lot. but they are not bull**** at all.. they are my true feeling toward pharmacy school. i can't wait to get a reply from that school

Members don't see this ad :)
Man, that sucks. Good luck though! I hope we all get into our respective schools!

Yeah, my interview was supposed to be 30 minutes, but it ran shorter than that. The interviewers were really nice, but there were times when I said things that I now feel I should have answered differently. :( :smuggrin: I practiced a lot before the interview and I knew that if they asked me a particular question, I would answer a certain way. But once I got in there, it was just totally different. I did speak from the heart, but it was just not worded as nice as I would have liked it to be. I guess you could say it wasn't as "articulate". Oh well, guess I'll have to wait and find out. So anxious! :scared:

I guess now we just have to wait...

you never know what will happen. your own perspective about ur own interview does not determine whether u will be accepted/denied.
keep ur fingers crossed.

I guess you could say it wasn't as "articulate".

My guess is that they are expecting that from people. :oops: Not everyone is going to be wonderfully articulate in situations that have a lot of weight attached to them. I KNOW I'm going to be like that, I can handle many situations but under pressure I get really tongue tied. :laugh:

Good luck! Hope you get some good news! :thumbup:

Man, that sucks. Good luck though! I hope we all get into our respective schools!

Yeah, my interview was supposed to be 30 minutes, but it ran shorter than that. The interviewers were really nice, but there were times when I said things that I now feel I should have answered differently. :( :smuggrin: I practiced a lot before the interview and I knew that if they asked me a particular question, I would answer a certain way. But once I got in there, it was just totally different. I did speak from the heart, but it was just not worded as nice as I would have liked it to be. I guess you could say it wasn't as "articulate". Oh well, guess I'll have to wait and find out. So anxious! :scared:
I felt exactly the same way during my interview. They were so nice that when I left I felt like they must have felt sorry for me because I stumbled on some of my words trying to get what seemed perfect in my head out but it came out all wrong,lol. well I thought it came out all wrong but then I realized I was just being really hard on myself. You probably did better then you think you did. I got an acceptance email a week later:)

Me and PharmLMD interviewed at Mercer together. He thought his interview went horrible and I thought mine went great. We both got in!

I thought I had a really bad interview but it turns out I got accepted to Wingate. Good luck!

Oh man, I'm in the same boat as the rest of you guys...I keep thinking back to the interview and I keep wondering if I forgot to mention/shouldn't have mentioned certain things. And I honestly don't know if my interviewers liked me, they just smiled and nodded a lot and I got stumped on one of their situational questions. So yeah, I'll let you guys know what happens. Hopefully it'll be good news.

Yeah, my interview was supposed to be 30 minutes, but it ran shorter than that.

The interviewers were really nice, but there were times when I said things that I now feel I should have answered differently.

But once I got in there, it was just totally different.

So anxious! :scared:

I KNOW EXACTLY HOW U FELT/FEEL!!!
The bad thing is that I had three interviews JUST like yours!!!
Can anyone beat that??? =):laugh:

I KNOW EXACTLY HOW U FELT/FEEL!!!
The bad thing is that I had three interviews JUST like yours!!!
Can anyone beat that??? =):laugh:

Hey, Lessotto ! Which state are you from ?:)

My interview consisted of 2 parts: actual interview (30mins) and essay (30mins). I talked so much on the actual interview, that they have been able to ask me only 6-7 questions total. I was afraid not to rant, but everything I told them was related to the questions, but still i was worried about that... I chuckled only on 1 question, but quickly recovered and within 20 seconds came up with decent answer. So, overall I thought it went ok...
When I got to the essay part, I payed big attention to write specific and to the point. The secretary told me I am done 5 mins before the time was up!!! And that was right at the point when i started writing my conclusion. So overall I only wrote 2/3 of a page, but very structured. Man... at that point I could really FEEL how adrenaline is pumping through my body:laugh: But at the end it all worked out, I got accepted! The interview was at Shenandoah by the way, they had super nice faculty.

I too thought I had a bad interview, not because of what I said, but because of the people who interviewed me (one guy didn't smile the whole time and just squinted at me... he had glasses on that were sitting right at the tip of his nose). Ended up getting accepted to that school so don't worry.

I think the main reason for interviews in the first place is just to make sure you're someone who has the basics of communication skills and not some weirdo.

... there were times when I said things that I now feel I should have answered differently...

Me too-- one question threw me for a loop, asking what I did with my free time. I'd spent so much time preparing for questions related to academics and pharmacy that I hadn't considered that there would be questions about me, the person. I ended up mumbling something about reading and watching television, talk about your boring canned answer! I'd like to go back and let them know about my love of cooking and baking, playing bridge on the weekends with friends, tending to an herb garden in my window box... anything at all more interesting than that! Hopefully the rest of the interview went well, though.

Oh man, every day is dragging by so slowly. I just want to know if I got in or not! AAAHHH!!! I think I'm probably one of the most impatient persons in the world when it comes to these things...

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone felt like they had a bad interview but ended up getting accepted anyway. I'm not sure if my interview was bad or good, and I'm getting kind of scared. Thank you!

I thought that I tanked my Iowa interview around this time last year. I felt like my answers were umm and "you know" filled. I blanked out when asked to ask any questions about Iowa and the faculty member gave me a cold stare. I forgot Dean Kelly's name even though I just met him. I somehow got in.....

Me too-- one question threw me for a loop, asking what I did with my free time. I'd spent so much time preparing for questions related to academics and pharmacy that I hadn't considered that there would be questions about me, the person. I ended up mumbling something about reading and watching television, talk about your boring canned answer! I'd like to go back and let them know about my love of cooking and baking, playing bridge on the weekends with friends, tending to an herb garden in my window box... anything at all more interesting than that! Hopefully the rest of the interview went well, though.

I hope you are kidding....:laugh:

Hey guys,

U remind me of myself about 4 months ago. i ended up messing up on one of my questions and felt so low because thats the school i wanted to go to. my interviewers asked me a question for which i was totally unprepared for. but i knew the answer it just didn't come out right. they actually said "um..not really". yeah didn't i feel great. plus it was really quick too and i was the first one to be interviewed that day and when i came out so quickly (10-15 min) the rest of the kids waiting gave me a really surprised look. kinda like "oh my god she's already out? that was quick. she's not getting in" kind of a look. i felt like crying. i analyzed my interview over and over and kept telling myself one bad answer wouldn't mess up the whole interview and stuff. i ended up getting in anyways.:)