Interviews in NYC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

margerita

Medical student
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just found out that I got an interview at Columbia and I want to try to schedule interviews at NYU and Cornell for the same week since I am flying from the west coast. Does anyone know how receptive NYU and Cornell have been about this kind of thing? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

i tried it with cornell, they were nice in their reply but basically said "we will try to accomodate you on that date, but if not, dont think that means a later interview is not possible"

margerita said:
I just found out that I got an interview at Columbia and I want to try to schedule interviews at NYU and Cornell for the same week since I am flying from the west coast. Does anyone know how receptive NYU and Cornell have been about this kind of thing? Thanks.

Hi Margerita:

NYU is not receptive to accomodating travel plans. I called them a while ago, and they said right off the bat that they don't take travel plans into consideration. As for Cornell, I emailed them, and they replied that they'll try to be accomodating but won't guarantee anything. Same goes for Mt. Sinai. Hope this helps! And good luck! :luck:

BTW, I live on the East Coast and it's starting to get chilly around here, so check the weather and bring an umbrella.

Members don't see this ad :)
IndyZX said:
i tried it with cornell, they were nice in their reply but basically said "we will try to accomodate you on that date, but if not, dont think that means a later interview is not possible"

indy, did u already have an offer from cornell first, or just try to get one?
thnaks

calstudent said:
indy, did u already have an offer from cornell first, or just try to get one?
thnaks
tried to get one, b/c i had a columbia offer already. was trying to interview at cornell the day before my friday columbia int.

Cornell was very receptive, but I called and spoke the office assistant directly. Cornell is awesome!

Good Luck!

I got a Columbia one too but hadn't heard from AECOM or NYU so I just emailed them telling them I'd be there from this date to this date and they both gave me interviews during that time.

I heard from NYU and Einstein and emailed Cornell...they told me that they basically had no idea then and would get back to me...and I haven't been invited as of now...this was a while ago :( Well, the interview season is still in the beginning phases, right ? :)