Interviews the Week Before Christmas

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by 753915, 12.06.12.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. 753915

753915 2+ Year Member

Many schools shut down for a week or two after Christmas. I have two interviews (Dec 19th and 20th) Has anyone had an interview during this time and if so, when did you receive a response? I'm just curious because I can't see how they would remember the interviewees after a break like that.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. The Recoverer

The Recoverer Poppin' Bottles 2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    School interviewers don't just sit down with an interviewee and listen to them talk for an hour. :laugh:

they JOT DOWN NOTES and fill out evaluation forms for each interviewee and rate them so they can track the answers you give. They will remember you.

4. 753915

753915 2+ Year Member

I've had interviews before, and I understand that they like to write down things.
    However, my question was more about when I should expect an answer. :)

5. riggylou

riggylou

Pre-Pharmacy
    Yep, they will be scribbling notes while you are talking. You'll also likely do a writing sample while you are there too, so they will take those and score them also. Then, I think they take those documents and your overall app to make their decision... It took about ~5 weeks for me to get an acceptance from my first interview. They may not remember your face (though I did fill out one app that allowed you to upload a photo), but will have records about who you are.

6. owlegrad

owlegrad Uncontrollable Sarcasm Machine Staff Member SDN Administrator 7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Verified
    Pharmacist
    SDN
    Author
    hSDN
    I didn't have to do any writing samples, thank God. I probably wouldn't have gotten in. :laugh:

About the ads