Intro to US med schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

butterfly333

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am American-Canadian living in Canada, and I am considering studying in the states. As I am in Canada, I barely have any info about US med schools. I know that American med schools cost 4x more than Canadian schools. In Canada, it's about $20,000 a year.

I am wondering which are more economical schools that I have chances for. I believe that the resident status will help, but since I've been living in Canada, I would have lost my residency in any part of the states right?

My MCAT score is okay - 29 (VR 8, BS 12, PS 9), while my GPA is 4.0 with lots of extracurriculars. I am currently working as a healthcare professional. I was looking into University of Washington, but it looks very very competitive. :(

If you have a good list of schools or places I can go to find out more, please send the links. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I am American-Canadian living in Canada, and I am considering studying in the states. As I am in Canada, I barely have any info about US med schools. I know that American med schools cost 4x more than Canadian schools. In Canada, it's about $20,000 a year.

I am wondering which are more economical schools that I have chances for. I believe that the resident status will help, but since I've been living in Canada, I would have lost my residency in any part of the states right?

My MCAT score is okay - 29 (VR 8, BS 12, PS 9), while my GPA is 4.0 with lots of extracurriculars. I am currently working as a healthcare professional. I was looking into University of Washington, but it looks very very competitive. :(

If you have a good list of schools or places I can go to find out more, please send the links. Thanks!
You need to buy the MSAR to find schools that match your stats, If you are not a resident of a WWAMI state I cannot recommend an application to UW for regular MD.