Introduce Yourself Here...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well with the new application cycle opening in roughly a month, I feel like it's time for me to come out of the woodwork and stop lurking. ;)

I am a 28 year old non-trad, graduated with a Business degree with a Finance concentration in 2006 and worked for 5 years in "corporate America." When I realized that I wasn't happy with that life I decided that maybe I should reconsider going back to my childhood goal of becoming a veterinarian. I worked for about a year and a half while taking classes at night after work. Then in December I quit my very well paying job(with wonderful benefits) to do an internship/shadow with an ambulatory equine vet. I have a month left doing this and it has been amazing; hard work but wonderful. After this I am even more driven to pursue vet school.

I have two horses and would ultimately like to have my own private equine ambulatory practice. This will be my first application cycle so I am some what terrified, but looking forward to experiencing this with everyone here! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Well with the new application cycle opening in roughly a month, I feel like it's time for me to come out of the woodwork and stop lurking. ;)

I am a 28 year old non-trad, graduated with a Business degree with a Finance concentration in 2006 and worked for 5 years in "corporate America." When I realized that I wasn't happy with that life I decided that maybe I should reconsider going back to my childhood goal of becoming a veterinarian. I worked for about a year and a half while taking classes at night after work. Then in December I quit my very well paying job(with wonderful benefits) to do an internship/shadow with an ambulatory equine vet. I have a month left doing this and it has been amazing; hard work but wonderful. After this I am even more driven to pursue vet school.

I have two horses and would ultimately like to have my own private equine ambulatory practice. This will be my first application cycle so I am some what terrified, but looking forward to experiencing this with everyone here! :laugh:

I think it is great that you are following your dreams! I would feel fortunate that money was not your #1 motivator...people who usually do consider this the most important thing in life and pretty miserable otherwise. This forum is great...probably the only way I got throught the first application cycle and had the enthuasium to do it a second time after I was unsuccessful.

Hello everyone, I'm very new to this so hopefully I'm doing this correctly.

I will be graduating with a BS in Animals Science: Pre-Vet with a minor in Bio this May. 22y/o. First time applicant --> waitlisted for OSU and WSU. Got accepted into WSU under the Utah-Idaho program!! yayy :highfive: but then the tuition cost :eek:

GPA: ~3.6
GRE: Don't wanna say :'( (I'm a bad test taker)
Vet Experience: ~1500 hrs
Animal Experience: ~2000 hrs
Research Experience: ~3000 hrs (worked for the State and the Feds)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone, I'm very new to this so hopefully I'm doing this correctly.

I will be graduating with a BS in Animals Science: Pre-Vet with a minor in Bio this May. 22y/o. First time applicant --> waitlisted for OSU and WSU. Got accepted into WSU under the Utah-Idaho program!! yayy :highfive: but then the tuition cost :eek:

GPA: ~3.6
GRE: Don't wanna say :'( (I'm a bad test taker)
Vet Experience: ~1500 hrs
Animal Experience: ~2000 hrs
Research Experience: ~3000 hrs (worked for the State and the Feds)

Congrats! You shouldn't be worried or ashamed of your GRE score. It was obviously good enough to get in and may help give some hope to others with low GREs. No one judges each other on here. There is a successful applicant statistics thread you may want to share it on. That thread has helped a lot of people with their applications. :thumbup:

Allo!!!

I'm 29 years old originally from Baltimore, moved from New Orleans to DC 2 years ago for work. I have a BS in Biology with a focus on pre-vet and a minor in Chemistry. I was going for a double major, but than I came to the conclusion I didnt enjoy chem as much as bio.

I work as a lab technician (or as we call ourselves "lab rats") for the DOD and Georgetown Univ. and I volunteer for the Washington Humane Society. I'm hoping to be in vet school by next year. I plan to apply to Ross, LSU, and Va-Md Vet school at Va tech. I'm taking the GRE this summer (so many words! :scared: )

I have wanted to be a vet since before I could remember, just had to climb over some
obstacles, but I'll get there!!! :D

Hey everyone :) I'm really new to this forum and I wish I could've found out about it sooner.
I'm not going to post my stats b/c I'm still in the middle of taking classes and getting experience. Plus I havent even taken the GRE yet.
I just finished my Sophmore year of college at Oakland University. Working on getting a B.A. in Biology. I still have no clue what I want to specialize in once I become a vet. But, I do know I have a passion for reptiles. I have a bearded dragon and several crested geckos. I also have a dog and a fish. lol :)

Hey guys! I have been keeping an eye on the SDN forum for a little over a year now - first time posting.

I am a 20 y/o (21 in Sept) Biomedical Science major at Texas A&M and I plan on graduating with my BS in May 2013 ( graduating in three years). I will be a first time applicant and am excited and nervous all at the same time!

GPA ~3.8
LAST 45 ~3.7 (guesstimate)
SCIENCE ~3.7 (guesstimate)

REVISED GRE SCORES:
VERBAL 160 (600 or 610 old score)
QUANTATIVE 159 (750 old score)
ANALYTICAL 3.5 :(

I am curious to hear what people thought of the new GRE. I know the testmaker has released their 'concordance' table (the new scores they 'think' equal old scores) but I will be interested to see if this is true.

ANIMAL & VET EXPERIENCE
I am currently updating my hour totals

Vet Experience:
Both SA and LA with some small exotics

Animal Experience:
Mostly SA with some LA mostly horses but some livestock

I am currently involved with a pet therapy group (visits to nursing homes, hospitals, etc). I am also working with an organization that provides hippotherapy and riding lessons to at-risk youth.

I am the proud pet-mom of a miniature poodle puppy! I am currently working with him (obedience and socialization) with the goal of participating in animal-assisted therapy.

As a Texas girl (born and raised) I am definitely applying IS to Texas A&M. I am on the fence about applying to OOS schools - tuition is just sooooooooo expensive!!!! Look forward to talking with ya'll!

Hey everyone! So this is my first time actually posting. I've been a creeper for awhile now. Unfortunately, I didn't discover this site until after I had applied the first time around. :( Hopefully, I'll do a much better job this time!

So I just graduated with my B.S. in Animal Sciences, focus on Pre-Vet. I didn't realize that I wanted to pursue vet med until Sophomore year, so I've been playing catch up ever since. The first time I applied, I did so pretty last minute, thought I knew how to do things (aka didn't have anything reviewed), and hoped for the best. I applied to 6 schools (UI, KSU, MSU, MU, UWM, ISU) and was waitlisted at KSU (OOS for me) but didn't even get an interview at my IS (UI). There are a million reasons that could have lead to my not getting in. Hopefully, this time around I'll do much better.

GPA = approx 3.5 (waiting on my official GPA)
LAST 45 = 3.628

GRE SCORES
1st Take:
Verbal: 480
Quantitative: 720
Written: 4.5

2nd Take:
Verbal: 158
Quantitative: 158
Written: 5.0

Unfortunately, I took my 2nd take after the cut off of July 31 so they were not accepted by a couple of my schools.

Vet Experience:
100 hours small animal. Spending this summer interning with wildlife medicine.

Animal Experience:
Class experience, research experience, volunteer experience abroad and domestic.

At this point, I'm going to apply to as many schools as possible. "whatever it takes" right?

I think you really need to work on your vet experience. Is the interning under a DVM? Could you maybe find someone to shadow in large animal or equine?

To introduce ME!

I am 23 years old, and I graduated in 2010 with a degree in Laboratory Animal Science. I applied last cycle to VMRCVM and NC State and was not successful. This time I am applying to VMRCVM, Kansas, NC, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Florida. I am also considering RVC and other international schools but doubtful I will apply...I currently work as a vet tech with lab animals in baltimore but will probably relocate back to NC state (where I am from) over the summer.

GPA: 3.73
Scienc GPA: 3.5-3.6 (I still cannot wrap my head around how different schools do this but it around there, depending on the school.)
Last 45 GPA: 3.61
GRE: 1030 (I have to retake...I sucked, lol)

Vet hours: 1200 small animal (2 vet hospitals), 2000 lab animal, 800 zoo (disneys animal kingdom and shadowed 2 zoo vets for a day), 50 large animal (through labs in school)

Animal stuff: 500 small animal (dog kennel), 200 zoo/sanctuary stuff, 40 equine, 8 wildlife tracking (spent one day)

I want to work with exotics...so I am really hoping that I can get into a school with a focus on that.

Wow, I was just lurking around on here at the end of the VMCAS application cycle, decided to join, then realized I must have made an account a year ago with a lame user name. Don't think I can change it either! Also have been failing at uploading my avatar...

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself because I should be studying for a Genetics test. I'm a non-tradish applicant with what is now basically the equivalent of two bachelors degrees worth of undergrad work. I have a BA in studio art, followed by an AAS in veterinary technology = vet tech program, plus my pre-reqs for vet school.

I have an insane amount of animal experience hours (15,000+), although only about 3,000 of them are truly clinical. Aka. I am old. Well, I guess not that old (29), but old enough to have been working full time for that many hours.

My animal experience is primarily law enforcement, field research and shelter work (tied in with law enforcement). I'm currently an LVT at an emergency/specialty clinic.

STATS:
CUM GPA: 3.8
LAST 45: 4.0
SCIENCE: 4.0
GRE: 164 verbal, 166 quant, essay/writing part 5

I'm only applying to 4 schools this round, and like many people I've creeped on posting here in the forum, I check my email every 5 minutes despite the fact that VMCAS was only officially due yesterday. (Mine was in a month ago, so I'm on a skewed time line.) I'm reeeeally hoping to be accepted at my in state because I plan on pursuing a residency in critical care after graduating so I will be poor for a long time ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone!

I think I'm doing this a little backwards, since I'm already active on the c/o 2017 thread. Oh well.

I graduated with a BA in Biology in 2009. I was super-focused on going to grad school, then had an "Aha" moment this summer when I realized that I wanted to go to vet school more (maybe I'll get a PhD later...I still really like research).

I'm interested in (and my experience is in) wildlife and conservation bio. I've had jobs/internships/courses in French Polynesia, Belize, Florida, and California working with the major types of vertebrates (mammals, herps, birds). Unfortunately most of that experience was without a supervising vet. Now I'm taking the prereqs I missed the first time around and shadowing at a mixed animal clinic to get large animal and vet hours.

So to summarize:
GPA: 3.95
Last 45: Uhhh....somewhere close to 3.95
GRE: Verbal 720, Quant 680
Animal Hours: almost exactly 2000! (can you tell I just finished VMCAS?)
Vet Hours: Will be 400 by December (Admin at Auburn will allow me to submit updated vet hours in December)

Nice to meet you all!

Hi everyone,
I've been mostly lurking the past few months...oops. Nice to meet all of you!

GPA: 3.94
Last 45: 3.88
GRE: Verbal 162, Quant 160 (on the new scale, haha)
Animal Hours: ~3600 (mostly equine, some SA and LA)
Vet Hours: ~1300 (again, a lot of equine, some SA and mixed practice, about half research)

I just applied for the first time and will probably end up going to OSU if I get in, but would LOVE to go to NCSU also. :love: I'm thinking I want to go the equine route and/ or do research, but obviously I can't say for sure!

Totally forgot this thread existed. Welcome newbies!

First time applicant, NY resident, 22 years old, female

Degrees: BE in Biomedical Engineering, ME in Engineering Management, Grad Certificate in Chemical Biology
Overall GPA: 3.47 (core engineering classes are not fun... 4 sequential calculus classes were not my friend)
Last 45: 3.74
Science Pre Req: 3.4ish
GRE (I took it cold the first time bc I wasn't sure if I was applying last year, I decided I needed more experience): 530v 760q 4.5a
new GRE (took late sept): 164 (93%)v 163 (88%)q 5.0 (92%)a

-Was able to complete these degrees in 4 yrs through my schools scholars program
-full tuition merit scholarship
-DIII Varsity athlete, captain my jr and sr year
-Very active in my sorority and president of PanHellenic (inter-sorority) Council
-Co-founder of my schools pre-veterinary club
-Worked at the central park zoo last summer
-Worked on a pre-clinical trial with a research vet at a hospital
-Currently working for a year at UPenn's Swine Unit
-Went to NM for the SGPDC where I learned a bunch about dairy science for 6 wks
-Worked 350 hrs in a tissue engineering lab

Last edited:
Ah, nice! I actually just posted a forum asking if there were any other engineering majors...

First time applicant, MD resident, 24 yrs old, male
BS in chemical and biomolecular engineering, minor in math, MS in biotechnology

I wanted to do a dual program but got talked out of it... looks like I'll be trying for lab animal.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I have been lurking far too long without contributing, and since I've been checking in more frequently in the last few weeks (obsessive much?) I figured now would be a good time to step forward -- in part to say a big thank you to the regular posters here and all those in the past who have shared stats, acceptances, interview offers and dates, feedback, etc. Because I'm a nontraditional student (I'm old! 36!) and a career changer, I had to go back to school to complete every last one of my prereqs and started from 0 hours with vet experience. This forum has been really helpful, especially early on.

So, me:

first time applicant, 36, Illinois resident, female

Science GPA: 3.66
Last 45: 3.74
Cum: 3.45? (kind of a mess to calculate)

GRE: 1430 (740 Q, 690 V, 5.0 A) -- converts to 158 Q, 165 V

Small animal, shelter, wildlife, and equine experience. Small animal, specifically shelter, is my main interest but I love wildlife too. At my age, it feels weird listing off work, community service, and leadership experiences, so I will spare you all of that -- except to say that I had a great career in another field for 10+ years, but it was time for a change. I haven't looked back, and so far, it's been one of the best decisions of my life ... of course, you may want to ask me if I still feel that way about four months from now!

Thanks again, everyone, and good luck!

Oh...this is a thing. Well I'm new enough so guess I can say hello.

I'm a 20 year old male, been living in Texas for quite a while now but my birthplace and where my parents grew up is the big apple. I decided to graduate in three years so I should finish up my BS in biomedical sciences this summer. This is my first time applying and I sent applications to five schools, if I don't get in the first time I've been looking into starting an MS or PhD program in the meantime while I try again. I'm interested in mixed animal practice and pathology. Besides school I'm a bookworm and I enjoy photography. Oh, and I really want to get a cat :laugh:

UPDATE: I received a 3.0 (11%) on the GRE writing. We are about to find out if schools like VMRCVM and OSU actually care about that score (you're welcome). : )

UPDATE: I received a 3.0 (11%) on the GRE writing. We are about to find out if schools like VMRCVM and OSU actually care about that score (you're welcome). : )

You're not the only one! I thought I did so well and had great arguments...and then I got my results. Haha. Oh well. :oops:

Totally forgot about this thread after I posted in it forever ago. Here's a delayed thanks for Petpony and PDM's advice! THANKS!

Oh and not that it matters, but Petpony, I did end up increasing my vet experience by a lot. 570 hours wildlife, another 100 SA, and 650 hours of SA research that was able to be counted as vet hours. :) I still didn't have very much LA vet experience to include in my app, but I did have ~100 LA experience hours. Hopefully that's good enough.

Last edited:
Soooo here is me...

I am a 24 yr old female, MD resident but grew up in NC (was NC resident last year when I applied). Second time applicant.

Degree: BS Laboratory Animal Science, December 2010.
GPA: 3.71
Last 45: 3.66
GRE: Verbal 159, Quantitative 156, Writing 4.0

Experience:
12 hours shadowing zoo vets
2200 hours working in laboratory animal medicine as a veterinary technician (current job)
960 hours worked in the nutrition center at Disneys Animal Kingdom
300 hours working in a private practice just for cats
200 hours doing an internship in psychology dept.
200 hours (about) working in hands on labs and extra "honors" projects with animals
700 hours doing kennel work in private practice
22 hours working at a spay neuter clinic (currently still do)
8 hours wildlife tracking
230 hours working at a sanctuary for big cats (internship and volunteer)
56 hours volunteering as a docent with a small zoo
48 hours equine (senior project in high school)
1500 hours kennel work for dog breeder

I was also employed (working 20 hours or more a week) while in undergrad...I put those jobs on my vmcas to show this.

I have literally no extracirrucular activites beyond my animal/vet experience...between school, work, and raising a kid I didnt have time. I hope the rest of my application makes up for it. :)

Just browsing around the pre-vet and discovered this thread, so I figured I'd post :D

I'm 19, female resident of California, but attending school so far down Texas that I'm basically sleeping on the border and have started to catch myself using spanish slang. I am probably the whitest kid in my school. It's too hot and humid here, so no TAMU for me in the near future. :p Some people and their politics here make me laugh.
I'm currently a sophmore double majoring in Biology and Kinesiology.
I play golf for my school, and so far it's been one of the greatest experiences of my life.
I miss my one and only dog, Skip.
In my non-existent free time I enjoy playing guitar, going to art walks and the movies, running (ok, jogging :smuggrin: ) 5ks, yoga, meditation, and sleeping on the comfiest couches ever in our university library. :sleep:
I have a long-term goal of being a leader for Weight Watchers someday, my favorite color is blue and I have a lifelong love of wolves. I find them absolutely facinating.
And I think that's all. :oops:

Hey everyone,
I have been posting for a while but never really introduced my self.
I am a 19 year old sophomore planning to major in neuroscience and minor in philosophy. I will probably apply to Cornell, Penn, and Tufts (I am dreaming about Cornell). I have a mini schnauzer and a shih tzu (You've got to appreciate the spunk of little dogs :)) I've got a long way to go but I want to thank everyone on the forum for all the help so far. You guys are the best!

I should introduce myself because I am relatively new. (p.s. this forum is awesome). I am currently a graduate student studying fish pathology and nutrition.

I love all things fish :D I am originally from Northern California, moved to Southern California for undergrad, and then drove my tiny car 3000 miles to the wonderfully gorgeous New England, which is where I have been for a while.

I am a non-trad student, kind of. Like I mentioned before, I am doing graduate school, but my ultimate goal is to be a veterinarian. I want to be a fish vet :)

During my impressionable teenage years, I had spoken with a fish vet who told me that unless I received extensive fish classes in undergrad it might behoove me to do a masters degree like him ( definitely not the only option but the best for me!). So that is what I am doing now!

I applied this year, however I only applied to 3 schools, so I am definitely going to look into a Plan B for a year (or two or three) just in case I need to reapply again ( and again, and again).

Anyways, that is a bit about me. Good luck to all the people that applied this year!

I'm also interested in fish veterinary. :) If you're in New England, you might want to look at the Health and Col. Management course offered at MDIBL. Great course taught by vet school professors from Oregon State and Cornell.

Hi all
I graduated undergrad May 2012, did not apply until this cycle. Majored in Biology and Animal Behavior, Ecology, and Conservation (ABEC). Minored in Zoo Biology and Anthrozoology. GPA: very average. Experience: 4.5 years as assistant in small animal practice in 2 clinics, including exotics and with a board certified avian veterinarian. 2 semesters of research with marine mammals, mostly belugas, some with orcas. Miscellaneous equine experience.

I applied to A LOT of schools. Currently terrified and checking my email obsessively.

So I decided I should introduce myself as well :)

I am 21 years old, first time applicant and currently majoring in Animal Science. Want to be an equine vet but may consider doing mixed animal because I really enjoy working with all animals and in shelters.

I have a few horses and dogs but two cats that I call "my own" that I will be taking with me when I move out. Absolutely love them :love:

Some random stuff: I love the show BONES, eeyore and really enjoy reading on my free time. I try to ride whenever I get the chance even though those times keep dwindling :(.

I am super excited and extremely nervous about this application cycle but will just hope for the best :thumbup: Thanks for everybody's advice on this forum, definitely appreciate it!

Hello to one and all, especially my fellow Aggies and future fellow Aggies (if you come to TAMU, you're an Aggie whether you like it or not!)

It's too hot and humid here, so no TAMU for me in the near future. Some people and their politics here make me laugh.
I'm currently a sophm

Well if you're deep South Texas, there's a huge difference in the heat of central Texas and the heat of South Texas. I lived on the coast for 18 years and moving to College Station was quite the shock. People complaining about how god awful humid it was and I'm like, Really? It's not even 80% today...

Hello to one and all, especially my fellow Aggies and future fellow Aggies (if you come to TAMU, you're an Aggie whether you like it or not!)

Well if you're deep South Texas, there's a huge difference in the heat of central Texas and the heat of South Texas. I lived on the coast for 18 years and moving to College Station was quite the shock. People complaining about how god awful humid it was and I'm like, Really? It's not even 80% today...

I've noticed :p I've traveled all around TX in the past year & a half. We sure do get the worst down here. I mean, middle of November and we are BARELY getting in the 70s WITH the humidity too. I just miss my Sacramento weather is all haha but central Texas can be nice October-March :)

I don't think I ever properly introduced myself so here goes ...

I am 24 and will be a non-traditional applicant.

I grew up riding horses and adopted a dog of my own after I moved out of the dorms my first year of college. I honestly didn't think I was smart enough to become a vet and didn't think it was a realistic goal ... so I got my degree in aerospace engineering.

I've been super involved in the rescue community the last 4ish years. I was on the board of one organization, left with a few colleagues to assemble a new non-profit from the ground up, and am on the board as a triage worker on another non-profit that provides financial assistance to families in need who have pets needing medical care. I've got 2500+ hours of rescue work if I estimate conservatively.

I have been working full time as a mechanical engineer the last 2 years but returned to school a little over a year ago to work on vet school pre-reqs and I also got a part time job in a wonderful vet hospital. Between my 2 jobs I work 60-70 hour weeks and I'm rocking my pre-reqs (but only taking 1 at a time because I need sleep!). And I still have my rescue stuff goin' on ...

Fall 2013 I'm leaving engineering for good :banana: to go back to school full time while keeping up with my rescue stuff and picking up more hours at the vet hospital :D

I have a fabulous husband, 2 Labrador Retriever "kids", and an old, senile guinea pig. Life is good - I couldn't ask for anything more ... but applying to vet school absolutely terrifies me :scared:

I was reading the official thread of where the c/o 2017 applied, were given interviews, and were accepted/rejected. It was so nice seeing everyone who knew each other from SDN congratulating each other. So.... I just wanted to introduce myself so I can start making friends with the c/o 2018ers!

My name is Bri and I am a resident of Texas. I am going to be 25 at the time of application and 26 :eek: by the time I matriculate (if I get in the first time :xf:). I have a BBA in International Business and a minor in Spanish from the University of Texas at Arlington. I graduated in 2010 and worked in corporate America for a few years. After volunteering my free time at the city shelter, I decided that my love and want to be a Vet would make any job I would ever have miserable.
I started back at school at first for my RN (since I was under the impression that at 24, I was too old) but then found blogs and SDN and saw how many unconventional applicants there are :thumbup: So I'm taking a really heavy course load of my prereqs that I need while working 40 hours a week with two wonderful DVM's.
I cannot WAIT to start applying but I am also very torn on where I will be applying. Texas A&M (my IS) is requiring a lot of prereqs that other schools do not require so I'm not sure that I will apply there this application period.
I really need to do more research and get suggestions on schools that look at the last 45 GPA, prereq GPA, GRE, and experience over my overall GPA. I was a business school student so I never thought my GPA would play a part in my life. Immature assumption!
I'd really like to practice small animal or exotic medicine. I'm very interested in specializing in felines also.

:laugh: I don't think I could ever get through an engineering curriculum!

I second this!!

It really wasn't as bad as many people imagine. My class was small (about 25 of us) and we pretty much all studied and did homework together. Getting through it alone would've been near impossible. We all pretty much failed every test (40-60%) ... thank goodness for curving or we all would've failed out! :laugh:

It really wasn't as bad as many people imagine. My class was small (about 25 of us) and we pretty much all studied and did homework together. Getting through it alone would've been near impossible. We all pretty much failed every test (40-60%) ... thank goodness for curving or we all would've failed out! :laugh:

Bahaha that's funny....

BTW: everyone, let me introduce you to my long lost twin: EngrSC lol :laugh: :laugh:

Hey guys,
I've been reading on the SDN forums for awhile but joined the other day. Let me introduce myself: I'm 25 y/o and I have applied to TN (IS), MS State and UPenn. I am very interested in research as I love how we can apply so much to human medicine from what we discover in veterinary medicine and vice versa. I was premed for awhile and ultimately decided upon vetmed. I have a bachelors in biology and will have a minor in chemistry by Spring. I have done research in genetics with zebrafish and am starting some new research this Spring with another pHD in the Chemistry dept where I attend. I also work FT as the emergency triage nurse for our regional emergency/referral vet hospital and I am their lab coordinator. My downfalls lie in that my GPA is around a 3.34 (cumulative) due to medical illness, failing a couple courses (due to medical illness). However I retook those courses and explained to my best abilities my situation on my application under the explanation section. On a personal note, I have a 5 year old Aussie named Moira, whom I love more than anything else, and I love photography. I got an awesome DSLR Nikon as a graduation gift and that's what I like to do in my spare time:) thanks for reading my long post!

Hey guys,
I've been reading on the SDN forums for awhile but joined the other day. Let me introduce myself: I'm 25 y/o and I have applied to TN (IS), MS State and UPenn. I am very interested in research as I love how we can apply so much to human medicine from what we discover in veterinary medicine and vice versa. I was premed for awhile and ultimately decided upon vetmed. I have a bachelors in biology and will have a minor in chemistry by Spring. I have done research in genetics with zebrafish and am starting some new research this Spring with another pHD in the Chemistry dept where I attend. I also work FT as the emergency triage nurse for our regional emergency/referral vet hospital and I am their lab coordinator. My downfalls lie in that my GPA is around a 3.34 (cumulative) due to medical illness, failing a couple courses (due to medical illness). However I retook those courses and explained to my best abilities my situation on my application under the explanation section. On a personal note, I have a 5 year old Aussie named Moira, whom I love more than anything else, and I love photography. I got an awesome DSLR Nikon as a graduation gift and that's what I like to do in my spare time:) thanks for reading my long post!

Welcome to SDN my fellow Tennesseean!!! We are a rare breed here lol what part of Tn are you from ? Where do you attend undergrad?

Welcome to SDN my fellow Tennesseean!!! We are a rare breed here lol what part of Tn are you from ? Where do you attend undergrad?
I am from Chattanooga. I graduated from UTC but went to UTK my freshmen year on scholarship for athletics (tennis). Because of my health problems, I came back to Chattanooga and finished up here. What part of TN are you from?

I am from Chattanooga. I graduated from UTC but went to UTK my freshmen year on scholarship for athletics (tennis). Because of my health problems, I came back to Chattanooga and finished up here. What part of TN are you from?

I am from Nashville! I have a couple friends that went to UTC, and played softball at my university with a girl from Chat as well! I only know of 2 other SDNers that are from TN so It makes me happy to see another !! Yaaaay!

I am fully aware that the following question may make me sound incredibly dumb ...

Have you guys ever seen 16 and Pregnant or Teen Mom? (For some reason I am intrigued) ... Doesn't Maci live around Chattanooga somewhere? That would be so cool if you knew her or even saw her in public :laugh:

Ok ... Un-dumbing now :)

I am fully aware that the following question may make me sound incredibly dumb ...

Have you guys ever seen 16 and Pregnant or Teen Mom? (For some reason I am intrigued) ... Doesn't Maci live around Chattanooga somewhere? That would be so cool if you knew her or even saw her in public :laugh:

Ok ... Un-dumbing now :)

Bahahaha .....

Yes, Maci is from Chat lol and I have seen her and Kyle in person... I've also seen Gary in person.. Lol no I'm not a crazy fan. If your in downtown Nashville at night you can run into lots of celebs and wanna be celebs lol

I :love: Nashville . Not for this reason, but it really is an amazing place :D

I am from Nashville! I have a couple friends that went to UTC, and played softball at my university with a girl from Chat as well! I only know of 2 other SDNers that are from TN so It makes me happy to see another !! Yaaaay!
:)

Nashville is a very nice place...I agree. Good Luck in your application/interview process!