Introduction

Monkey.King

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I'm just going to introduce myself as I plan on being here a lot. So I am a junior in high school, and recently at the end of Febuary I had a epiphany about my future. I couldn't tell you whether is was more scary or more motivational. So the epiphany inspired me to pursue medicine. I know Im a little early to be on this site, but I need to make a plan now and get out of the habit of procrastinating since I'm already behind, and I'll tell you why. It's unfortunate, I go to one of the top high schools in my country, I don't want to name it, which has been featured in many places such as The Washington Post, Forbes, and US world news and rank. (This is according to the awards all around the school). And we are the only school public school in the state that offers he IB program. So it's unfortunate that due to misunderstandings I ruined the great opportunities presented by this school. After my single mother told me she was an illegal, all my dreams of college ect, just went downhill. I just stopped trying and didn't have any motivation after that. My GPA dropped to a 2.3, and at this point it's immobile. But the epiphany hit me and I decided to not give up no matter what hardships were thrown at me. I don't think I can receive financial aid, so I've decided when I graduate I'm taking the community college route. Seems like my only option due too my low gpa, it's cheaper, and it's a chance to achieve my recent dream. So I started lurking on the forums, and this is such a great environment I had to join early. I look forward to this and hope I can receive advice and support from you all. Since I'm still a junior, I'll wait until I graduate to ask about the best possible way to go about the community college route the best possible way. After typing this I realized the epiphany was more motivational than scary. My only hurdle is finding a way to pay for school since I can't get financial aid and my mother doesn't make much money. Fortunately for me I'm assuming, my state school is in the top 50 universities in the U.S. This has to be a sign of destiny and fate. Thank you for reading.

Members don't see this ad.

What's the question?

Reactions: 1 users
Hello. I'm just going to introduce myself as I plan on being here a lot. So I am a junior in high school, and recently at the end of Febuary I had a epiphany about my future. I couldn't tell you whether is was more scary or more motivational. So the epiphany inspired me to pursue medicine. I know Im a little early to be on this site, but I need to make a plan now and get out of the habit of procrastinating since I'm already behind, and I'll tell you why. It's unfortunate, I go to one of the top high schools in my country, I don't want to name it, which has been featured in many places such as The Washington Post, Forbes, and US world news and rank. (This is according to the awards all around the school). And we are the only school public school in the state that offers he IB program. So it's unfortunate that due to misunderstandings I ruined the great opportunities presented by this school. After my single mother told me she was an illegal, all my dreams of college ect, just went downhill. I just stopped trying and didn't have any motivation after that. My GPA dropped to a 2.3, and at this point it's immobile. But the epiphany hit me and I decided to not give up no matter what hardships were thrown at me. I don't think I can receive financial aid, so I've decided when I graduate I'm taking the community college route. Seems like my only option due too my low gpa, it's cheaper, and it's a chance to achieve my recent dream. So I started lurking on the forums, and this is such a great environment I had to join early. I look forward to this and hope I can receive advice and support from you all. Since I'm still a junior, I'll wait until I graduate to ask about the best possible way to go about the community college route the best possible way. After typing this I realized the epiphany was more motivational than scary. My only hurdle is finding a way to pay for school since I can't get financial aid and my mother doesn't make much money. Fortunately for me I'm assuming, my state school is in the top 50 universities in the U.S. This has to be a sign of destiny and fate. Thank you for reading.
You'll be fine, CC is a fantastic option. It got me exactly where I needed to be, as it did for many others. You'll find a way to make the financial side of things work out if you want it badly enough. Maintain that motivation, hit the ground running right when you get to college, and seek help IMMEDIATELY when you start to catch yourself struggling or slipping. And take it easy while you're still in high school, nothing before college matters in terms of med school admissions, so bask in the last couple years of relaxation and lack of responsibility; you might not get that again until you retire in 50 years from now. Welcome to the forums!