Iowa State University c/o 2019 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone else freaking out!?!?! February 15th feels soooo far away!

Yeah, how about we just fast forward to Feb 15th!! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
If you still haven't sent your fall transcripts, you can take them with you to the interview instead of mailing them in. I asked them just to make sure this was ok and was told it was fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any last minute tips? My interview is Sunday Jan 25th.

Good luck everybody!!
I'll be at the Animal Rescue League working all weekend if ya wanna pop in and say hello. :hello:

If anyone that's interviewing on Sunday needs a lift to the school, let me know. Taxis in Ames are super expensive!

Best interview experience hands down. Im so glad I didn't have to give up my interview spot.

Reactions: 2 users
Well!?!

Details! :-D
They just did an amazing job at making me feel like I was welcomed and everything was well organized and cozy. The size of the interview groups were just right. Not too big where you get lost in the crowd like at some of the other schools. I just love how they treated us like we were interviewing them too. Also, one of my interviewers is a fellow musician so when I said I play in two orchestras we ended up having a good chat about music stuff. That definitely made the interview go by much faster - I was kinda disappointed when they told me our time was up.

Oh and even though I had already toured the school last year during the APVMA symposium, their hospitals managed to impress me all over again. Definitely the best interview experience so far. I really hope I get in! :)

They just did an amazing job at making me feel like I was welcomed and everything was well organized and cozy. The size of the interview groups were just right. Not too big where you get lost in the crowd like at some of the other schools. I just love how they treated us like we were interviewing them too. Also, one of my interviewers is a fellow musician so when I said I play in two orchestras we ended up having a good chat about music stuff. That definitely made the interview go by much faster - I was kinda disappointed when they told me our time was up.

Oh and even though I had already toured the school last year during the APVMA symposium, their hospitals managed to impress me all over again. Definitely the best interview experience so far. I really hope I get in! :)

Definitely glad to hear that. I have my interview with them this weekend and I'm super nervous.

Definitely glad to hear that. I have my interview with them this weekend and I'm super nervous.
Don't be! I'm consistently nervous for these interviews for the first 5 minutes or so, but they did such a good job at making me feel comfortable from the second I walked in that I didn't even feel like I was being interviewed. You'll see what I mean when you get there. Everyone is so warm and friendly.

Reactions: 1 user
Felixor90,

How many behavioral based questions did they ask you? And how many questions were there total?

I was asked about 6 behavioral questions and that was it. It was a very relaxed interview :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Only 3 more weeks of waiting for final decisions Ahhhh!

Reactions: 3 users
I am kind of bummed that they didn't post the statistics for the last weekend of interviews yet... anyone who interviewed remember anything?

I am kind of bummed that they didn't post the statistics for the last weekend of interviews yet... anyone who interviewed remember anything?

They are posted now.

Hey, has anyone heard if they have been accepted yet? I know they say not till Feb 15 but am just curious...

Hey, has anyone heard if they have been accepted yet? I know they say not till Feb 15 but am just curious...

UNL people typically hear before February 15th and I believe they already have their decisions. Not sure if there are any unl students on this forum though.

They still have one more interview date which is actually tomorrow, and I got a portal update today reminding that all transcripts are due February 2nd. That bring said my guess would be anytime after that! More than likely it will be closer to the 15 that they let everyone know!

They still have one more interview date which is actually tomorrow, and I got a portal update today reminding that all transcripts are due February 2nd. That bring said my guess would be anytime after that! More than likely it will be closer to the 15 that they let everyone know!
I had a heart attack when I got an email that I had a portal update!

Reactions: 3 users
I had a heart attack when I got an email that I had a portal update!
You should have seen me! I was shaking lol! February 15th is gonna be a long day lol

Anyone else here in Iowa for the interviews tomorrow?

Anyone else here in Iowa for the interviews tomorrow?
Yep, I'm here! :)

On that note, I realize this may be a foolish question and I apologize, but do you know what the itinerary is for the day? (I'm due to interview at 3pm, and I'm not sure what the deal is with the tour... Is it before or after? is there anything else goin on? Where on earth can I find this out?!)

Me too! Interview at 4! In your messaging system link for your isu account you should have a link to all the interview logistics ( first message after you were granted an interview)
It will tell you the tour break down based on interview time and will have a full day itinerary.

Me too! Interview at 4! In your messaging system link for your isu account you should have a link to all the interview logistics ( first message after you were granted an interview)
It will tell you the tour break down based on interview time and will have a full day itinerary.

You're wonderful! Thank you so much!! Kick some butt on your interview tomorrow! :highfive:

Glad to help!!! Best of luck to you too!

Gah! Two weeks and a day until we hear back! It's hard trying to put vet school out of my mind when I work there everyday and can see the teaching hospital from my kitchen window :arghh::wacky::unsure:

Did anyone who interviewed happen to get the address where we can send thank you notes to our interview team? I took a picture of the print out yesterday and I'm pretty sure I accidentally deleted it.
Beautiful school, I love it. I also get to spend a little time exploring Des Moines today since my flight got cancelled right as I got the airport!

Well guys we are coming down the home stretch! Only about 12 days left ahhh!

I interviewed two weeks ago but it feels like it's been at least a month. :/

Yeah I know how you feel. My interview at Michigan feels like it happened in a past life. :L

Did anyone who interviewed happen to get the address where we can send thank you notes to our interview team? I took a picture of the print out yesterday and I'm pretty sure I accidentally deleted it.
Beautiful school, I love it. I also get to spend a little time exploring Des Moines today since my flight got cancelled right as I got the airport!

CVM Admissions
Iowa State University
2270 Vet Med
POB 3020
Ames, IA 50010-3020

So am I right in the fact that they interviewed 700 applicants....I just added up all the numbers from the demographics weekends....

So am I right in the fact that they interviewed 700 applicants....I just added up all the numbers from the demographics weekends....
388 total applicants interviewed! That's what we were told this past weekend.

I got half of that...o_O

I also think a few people declined interviews, so I have to wonder if they were still figured in on the demographics since they post them prior to the interview.

I got half of that...o_O

I also think a few people declined interviews, so I have to wonder if they were still figured in on the demographics since they post them prior to the interview.

I'm just gonna blame my mac computer's calculator and my fuzzy mind since I have an interview tomorrow. Lol thanks for calming my fears :heckyeah:

I'm just gonna blame my mac computer's calculator and my fuzzy mind since I have an interview tomorrow. Lol thanks for calming my fears :heckyeah:

It's all good good luck wherever you go tomorrow!

&&&& If it helps this is what I figured!

IS Applicants: 64
Contract Applicants: 41
OOS Applicants: 281

I got half of that...o_O

They were. There were a few people on my interview day that just didn't show up (how rude, right?) and some of us were rescheduled to have ours earlier in the day. I'm sure this happened on the other days too.

They were. There were a few people on my interview day that just didn't show up (how rude, right?) and some of us were rescheduled to have ours earlier in the day. I'm sure this happened on the other days too.

Oh well less competition than we thought after all ;)

I had the numbers when I jotted them down in my phone, but they told us that 330-340ish received interviews out of some 1100 or so applications. :eek:

I had the numbers when I jotted them down in my phone, but they told us that 330-340ish received interviews out of some 1100 or so applications. :eek:
Yeah I felt pretty darn good when I heard that number. I can't believe I made that huge cut. :)

OMG did anybody get an acceptance letter?! I am shaking!

I've just got the email saying that I was placed on the alternate list. I've still got my fingers crossed!!!