Ireland Dental Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vancity

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How are Irish Dental Schools?

Currently are any North American students enrolled into the irish dental program?

What GPA is required for Irish dental schools?

Members don't see this ad.

How are Irish Dental Schools?

Currently are any North American students enrolled into the irish dental program?

What GPA is required for Irish dental schools?

You might want to direct your questions to the Atlantic Bridge Program. I'm pretty sure they handle all medicine, vet med, and dentistry admissions to Irish schools for North American applicants.

I know the graduate entry Irish programs for medicine don't put a big emphasis on GPA as long as the applicant's MCAT score is strong; however, I don't know what exam (if any) they require for dental school. But I'm sure the Atlantic Bridge website will have all the answers you're looking for and more.

Members don't see this ad :)
Vancity! I'm a Canadian who graduated from an Irish dental school back in 2006 (Trinity College). Let me tell you coming over to Ireland was one of the worst mistakes of my life.

The programmes are quite good; but the cost of living is unbelievable. The tuition alone is about 31000 euros per year. And then when you're finished, you can't go back to Canada to practice. The NDEB equivalency process is ridiculously difficult to get through! And the 2 year equivalency programmes are very expensive.

I've been stuck in Ireland working since qualifying. I really want to go back home...

Have any other canadians from ireland made it back to canada after finishing dentistry?