IRL WW game thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Role abilities can be messed with via mods, so I'm not entirely convinced.
I am not expecting them to say wolf or non-wolf. But the seer knew my exact role description, each word of it (just not the role name). Apparently it is an exact quote from the pm that was given to each of us, which may or may not include alliance (mine didn't specifically give alliance if I recall correctly, but meh)

Members don't see this ad.

I am not expecting them to say wolf or non-wolf. But the seer knew my exact role description, each word of it (just not the role name). Apparently it is an exact quote from the pm that was given to each of us, which may or may not include alliance (mine didn't specifically give alliance if I recall correctly, but meh)

Mine didn't give affiliation either, which by default I assume means villager.

This is weird. You say I've been looked into, and the info above suggests you have my full role info. So you should know I'm not chaos.

Mine didn't give affiliation either, which by default I assume means villager.

This is weird. You say I've been looked into, and the info above suggests you have my full role info. So you should know I'm not chaos.
I mean I can post it on here, but I figured you probably wouldn't want that. Sentences 4 and 5 is what did not sit well with us. It makes it seem like you are doing things for yourself rather than for the villager team, uk?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah but neither is lynching me. Didn't stop you from voting for me, did it?

you were voting for me until near the end, so not sure what your point is... I chose someone who was lynching me to vote for as I felt someone in there was a wolf

yeah, still not convinced. It could very well be a wolf's written ability and they also have a group ability.

@DVMDream - if you can look into allieh or html tonight (if you haven't already), that would be ideal. If you look into allieh and she is cleared then vote for devyn tomorrow (as a means of communicating), if you look into html and she is cleared then vote for lissa tomorrow (once again as a means of communicating). Obviously vote them if they come up as a wolf. HTML's role ability is obviously to shift groups, as we have all seen thus far. But that was my role in the will game when I was a wolf, and I wouldn't put is past sobsob to make that a wolf role again.

LIS - this is fairly important. Was it you who got the person out of jail earlier?

I mean I can post it on here, but I figured you probably wouldn't want that. Sentences 4 and 5 is what did not sit well with us. It makes it seem like you are doing things for yourself rather than for the villager team, uk?

Eh. I'm not ALL that concerned about my role ability being posted. I'd *rather* it not be, but it's not the end of the world.

My point was this, though: You have my entire role ability. So you can clearly see that it doesn't say chaos (or wolf, for that matter) anywhere. So why would you think I'm chaos?

I get that my role could come off ambiguously; no doubt about that. But... nowhere in my role does it say anything about affiliation one way or the other, which means I'm villager. (At least, I hope so. Any other option would be kinda silly.)

you were voting for me until near the end, so not sure what your point is... I chose someone who was lynching me to vote for as I felt someone in there was a wolf

My point is that you get on your high horse about "voting for me won't get you a wolf" .... but then you vote to lynch me .... which also won't get a wolf. Kinda hypocritical to criticize other people for doing the exact same thing you're doing.

I just re-read my role desc. I have absolutely no idea why sentences 4/5 would not sit well with you. Big deal. They make perfect sense in the context of the role. The overall role name might make some people hesitate, but in today's WW world where it's all in vogue to give villagers ambiguous (or worse) sounding roles... meh... you should realize that a role name doesn't mean much.

Plus: Look at the game layout. Big corrupt companies. Does my role REALLY seem wolfy in light of that? C'mon.

I just re-read my role desc. I have absolutely no idea why sentences 4/5 would not sit well with you. Big deal. They make perfect sense in the context of the role. The overall role name might make some people hesitate, but in today's WW world where it's all in vogue to give villagers ambiguous (or worse) sounding roles... meh... you should realize that a role name doesn't mean much.

Plus: Look at the game layout. Big corrupt companies. Does my role REALLY seem wolfy in light of that? C'mon.
I don't think it's wolfy by any means, I just think it sounds like you are more in it for yourself, as the stuff is essentially for yourself. You were investigated 3 nights ago, we didn't feel the need to bring it up then as it sounded as if you were at worst a chaos, but possibly, or even probably a villager. Tbh, we have no access to your role name, and no way of communicating with the person who can get your role name, so meh.

Members don't see this ad :)
Didn't your mothers teach you not to talk to strangers? It seems not, as HTML will no longer be doing whatever it is an internet computer language does IRL. She is in the ICU.

It is Monday morning, and that means that it is time for lynching. Gotta be a wolf here somewhere.

Day 8 ends at 7pm EST.

There are 12 healthy players in the game:

A -Polluting Chemical Company Inc.
1- @Gwenevre + @Ashgirl
3- @ResoluteMike

B- Act Like you care about the planet but don't really Co.
(shut down after a hostile takeover)

C- Food Supplements for Suckers Ltd.
1- @Mad Jack
2- @WildZoo
4- @SummerTheLynx

D- The Soul Sucking Hedge Fund Investors LLC.
1- @DVMDream
2- @devyn
3- @thedrjojo
3- @allieh8607

E - The Claim Denying Insurance Company Plc
<taken over by a hedge fund as a tax shelter?

F - The Megalomaniac Monopolist Tech Assoc.
1- @dyachei @brightimpressio
2- @LetItSnow
3- @shortnsweet
4- @Lissarae06 CEO

ICU
2- @VetAshley2117
4 - @lhmhtd

Jail/Dog Pound

The Crematorium
Cyndia, IRS agent, Wolf
swings, Bail Bondsman
4- DocE & Chillbo <3, Ralph, the stoner, and head wolf.

1- Lupin21, office worker
4- hedgie, corporate raider
2- FFM, chairman of the board

Mad jacks role was designed to take down the chairman and to work with the angry ex. He also lied about his association with doing stuff with jail ******lynch mad jack******

The angry ex is not a wolf, that much I can confirm, and so I'm guessing that mad jack is the divorce lawyer the vindictive ex-wife has been looking for

I didn't lie- I am a lawyer and I had several possible cases I could work on depending on which one came to me first. Currently I've been trying to track down the ex because I was told she had an abusive husband and was trying to get representation for her divorce. Until I finish that case, I can't pursue another one, and I've been stuck on it since day 2. I didn't know if I could spring someone out of jail or not, I just speculated that it might be possible once I finish my divorce case. SOV simply told me I could look for a case each night, but once I found one, I was a dedicated lawyer, so I had to see it through. I don't know what happens mechanics-wise once I actually find her though, SOV hasn't even given me a hint in that regard.

Role: "you live on the misery of others.try to find (on your own) the upset ex and you can take down the chairman."

I don't know about any of you but that screams wolf to me. I could be wrong, but feel free to interpret as you all wish...

I also think that taking the chairman down caused him any harm- WZ can confirm that the chairman had no powers to begin with. I'm betting he just lost his job once he was revealed to be an abusive husband, and the wife got a simultaneous role upgrade. Notice that even with him dead, SOV mentioned she can still get her share of the estate in a write-up- my role clearly wasn't designed to harm him if the ex and I can still use it after he has passed. With the wife being a villager, a wolf giving her a lifestyle upgrade makes zero sense.

I also think that taking the chairman down caused him any harm- WZ can confirm that the chairman had no powers to begin with. I'm betting he just lost his job once he was revealed to be an abusive husband, and the wife got a simultaneous role upgrade. Notice that even with him dead, SOV mentioned she can still get her share of the estate in a write-up- my role clearly wasn't designed to harm him if the ex and I can still use it after he has passed. With the wife being a villager, a wolf giving her a lifestyle upgrade makes zero sense.
You just changed your story between two posts. First you had no clue what would happen and then, after I posted your role, you backtrack and say that taking down the chairman isn't a bad thing. I will keep my vote right where it is.

Vindictive ex: You are really pissed at the Chairman of the Board (your spouse) for screwing you over in your relationship. Each night you can search for a divorce lawyer. When you find them, you can hire them to let you take over as Chairman of the Board.

This is what I know of the ex and the lawyer. From that description, I know the ex isn't a wolf, and the lawyer doesn't sound like a wolf either, but to that extent I don't know

For a job that is pretty useless there sure are a lot of people that want to be Chairman

As MJ said, can confirm the Chairman role has no abilities.
:shrug:

Who knows what sov had in mind. Knowing the chairman had no powers, I guess it doesn't make a big difference if the ex won't be replacing him.

For a job that is pretty useless there sure are a lot of people that want to be Chairman

As MJ said, can confirm the Chairman role has no abilities.
Knowing sobsob, if a wolf got chairman of the board, they would definitely gain powers, probably just no powers for villagers...

Knowing sobsob, if a wolf got chairman of the board, they would definitely gain powers, probably just no powers for villagers...
Another reason why i took the job instead of appointing someone else (I'm assuming that was my other option - SOV didn't say it outright). Who knows though, maybe the ex would have gained some abilities from being chairman. Since there is a whole role designed around getting her there. Not buying the lawyer as a wolf role btw.

Anyway, with HTML in the ICU I'm going to go with lynch allie

Unless the ex converted to a wolf if they became chairman of the board, the ex is not a wolf, because I'm the ex (shocker) and am not a wolf, so :shrug:.
I know you weren't an original wolf, but I could see your role as an auto convert. For now, I am less concerned with your role tbh, as I am interested in catching the originals...

I almost feel like SnS is a better wolf choice at this point.

@shortnsweet - I know what your role is, have you really obtained absolutely nothing useful to us up until this point? I find it feasible, but a tad hard to believe that being the case....

Reactions: 1 user
I'm interested in seeing how DVMD voted today.

Reactions: 1 users
You just changed your story between two posts. First you had no clue what would happen and then, after I posted your role, you backtrack and say that taking down the chairman isn't a bad thing. I will keep my vote right where it is.
I was speculating based upon SOV's writeup, my role description, and how game mechanics generally work. I dont know how my ability works, I'm just taking stabs in the dark. In any case, I've laid out the best defense I've got and it looks like I'm probably going to get offed before I can get the ex whatever it is she gets whatever the reward for us finding one another. I knew once the wolves found me out this would happen. Why the hell do I always end up with the wolfy sounding roles gorrammit, I could swear the mods hate me.

@shortnsweet - I know what your role is, have you really obtained absolutely nothing useful to us up until this point? I find it feasible, but a tad hard to believe that being the case....

For real STL? Don't you think if I had gotten useful information I would have shared with the class?

I also have no idea how you know what my role is.

For real STL? Don't you think if I had gotten useful information I would have shared with the class?

I also have no idea how you know what my role is.
The first possible function of your role is not helpful at this point, it doesn't help us get any wolves. Use the second function if you haven't been.

I wasn't sure how active you were, so I decided to tag you just for an update, as I honestly don't recall if you have posted recently or not...

The first possible function of your role is not helpful at this point, it doesn't help us get any wolves. Use the second function if you haven't been.

I wasn't sure how active you were, so I decided to tag you just for an update, as I honestly don't recall if you have posted recently or not...

What?

Oh well, I'm going with my gut on this one. I've been pretty suspicious for a while, so lynch allie unless anyone has good intel on her. She's like, one of two or three people that aren't on my cleared list.

Lynch MJ

I have to go back to work now.

Looks like I'm done for. Well, was good knowing you all. Wish I could have helped jojo reach whatever his full potential is. Hopefully when I'm good and dead you guys'll finally learn the lesson that MJ is never, ever a wolf.

Reactions: 1 user