IRS Tax Transcript and Financial Aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WHOdriscoll91

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently made a correction to my FAFSA after filing my 2014 Tax Return yesterday. Originally I put I had not filed my tax return yet, and with my correction it says now filed, on some schools Financial Aid pages it says if it is not linked to my tax return I need to submit a transcript request. I was not able to link it due to how recently I submitted.

The online transcript request option is still not available for 2014, I guess because I only submitted yesterday, if the schools do not receive the transcript will my FA application be incomplete? I have emailed the schools, but would like to finish this while I have time this weekend.

Members don't see this ad.

It's still fairly early in regards to financial aid, as long as you already submitted you should be fine. You won't get the option to link your tax return with FASFA until several weeks (it usually pops up once the IRS has already approved your refund and has set a date for it to be deposited or mailed out). I'll say, it'll take at least two weeks.

Anyway, some schools require a signed copy of your return regardless. Just manually edit your FASFA (completed return) and link when you finally have the option.