Is 3-4 weeks too long for a post interview thank you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

miamiheatfan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
^^

Members don't see this ad.

That's a pretty long time.
I have read that it's not really necessary to do it. I didn't receive my interviewer's email so I would have to find it. Should I just leave it alone then?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have read that it's not really necessary to do it. I didn't receive my interviewer's email so I would have to find it. Should I just leave it alone then?

It would be the nice/polite/right thing to do to send a thank-you note or email. Usually, you can contact the admissions office and they'll either tell you the interviewer's contact information or you can send your letters to them and they'll forward it to the interviewer. But it shouldn't have any impact on your final admissions decision. And since it has been over 3 weeks, I would not bother sending one at this point. Usually, you should send thank-you notes/emails within 48 hours.

It would be the nice/polite/right thing to do to send a thank-you note or email. Usually, you can contact the admissions office and they'll either tell you the interviewer's contact information or you can send your letters to them and they'll forward it to the interviewer. But it shouldn't have any impact on your final admissions decision. And since it has been over 3 weeks, I would not bother sending one at this point. Usually, you should send thank-you notes/emails within 48 hours.
Alright, thank you!

Ideally, they should be sent within 48 hours of your interview. As the other poster stated, you can get the contact info from admissions. Additionally, if your interviewer was faculty, their email should be very easy to find on the school website with a little bit of initiative.

Three weeks is way too long, so I'd say don't bother sending one now.

Ideally, they should be sent within 48 hours of your interview. As the other poster stated, you can get the contact info from admissions. Additionally, if your interviewer was faculty, their email should be very easy to find on the school website with a little bit of initiative.

Three weeks is way too long, so I'd say don't bother sending one now.
Alright, thank you!