Is 6 weeks enough to prepare for QR ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mardr2b

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDN I'm preparing for DAT now and want to start QR. I'm worried about this section a lo because I haven't taken math in 3 years so I forgot a lot. Is 6 weeks enough time for me to prepare if I practice it everyday for 3-4 hours ? Or should I postpone the test ?

Members don't see this ad.

Goodness, 3-4 hours a day of JUST math for 6 weeks?! That is ridiculous and way too much.

If you are worried, do one practice test a day and review the solutions. Make sure you watch Chad's math videos first, and I would highly recommend using the Math Destroyer. That is definitely enough. I wouldn't spend more than an hour on it a day.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you have that much time to study for your math, try raising all your other score. Like sjv said it is the least important. But aim for at least 17 on the QR. Even if you haven't taken math in 3 years, it takes a like 3 days to cover all your basic material. After all that, it is just about mastering your timing and getting familiar with their trick questions; which I advise like doing twice a week for maybe 5 weeks. (Personally, I didn't even studied much for it and got a high score. But then again, I had a high math SAT score and it was a lot like it)

6 weeks is more than enough time, you could probably study for the whole DAT in that time if you put your back into it

I actually pushed back my exam almost 2 months just for math alone. To say I was lacking a foundation in math is an understatement. Going through the math destroyer exams took me a lot of time, and then I had to review the material and google the questions I had no idea about, which was practically every one. Then I gave qvualt a try and that went a bit faster. Math is about repetition but at the same time, you need to keep all the sciences fresh in your head. Thats the most difficult part imo, juggling everything when you have a real weakness in one area. Its incredibly frustrating.

I got a 19 in qr and I was getting mid to low teens (correct answers) on the math destroyer, while using chads notes in front of me to answer the question. Yeah, I was in bad shape :p. I would start with QR first if I could do things over again. QR,BIO and PAT need some time to settle in your brain. You can steam roll through GC/OC and do well.

Reactions: 1 user
Depends on how strong your basic high school math foundations are. I was very good with math in high school so a quick review of the material was sufficient for me (mind you I didn't take math in 3 years too). Chad's QR video (although lacking in some parts) and Math Destroyer are more than enough.