Is a thank you card necessary in this situation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

virtualmaster999

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone

I asked three professors to write me a letter of rec for an EAP program. Unfortunately I didn't get accepted. I found out last week. The professors wrote their letters for me by the end of April. Is it too late to give then a thank you letter? I feel bad not giving them one but I also feel like it might be too late now. Would it be fine to still give them one, since I might be asking one or two of then for letters again in the future for med school? I emailed them saying I was very thankful for what they did, but now I'm thinking maybe I should have have them a thank you note. I've been busy with work and research, and I was planning to give then a thank you note if I got accepted, but I feel I should do so still. Is this fine?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Better late than never.

Reactions: 1 user
Better late than never.
True.

What do you think is the best way to reach them? Should I email them saying I would like to bring them a thank you note, or could I type a thank you note out and send it to them via email?

What do you think? (Or anyone)

Members don't see this ad :)
Either send a thank-you email or bring them a thank you note and put it in their mailbox if they are not there. Do not pre-announce the thank you note.

Reactions: 1 user
I would just write a thank you note on a card and leave it in their mailbox. If you see them on a regular basis, you can give it to them in person.