Is Albany Medical College a part of SUNY?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CuddlyKumquat

simply scrumpcious
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it located close to SUNY Albany?

Members don't see this ad.

It's close to the UAlbany campus, yes. UAlbany is on Washington Ave., AMC is on New Scotland. Id' say 10 minutes to get from one to the other. AMC is not, however, part of SUNY, so crack open that piggy bank, cuz it ain't cheap.

It is not a part of the SUNY system - Albany is a private school. I'm sure it's pretty close to SUNY Albany due to the fact that Albany is a pretty small/hellish city.

Members don't see this ad :)
CuddlyKumquat said:

Prozach is correct. AMC is a private institution. What day did you decide to interview?

scneuro said:
Prozach is correct. AMC is a private institution. What day did you decide to interview?

Damn...i was hoping for a lighter tuition :laugh:

I haven't decided yet. Probably later on, end of Oct?
EDIT: OCT 27th :D

VPDcurt said:
It is not a part of the SUNY system - Albany is a private school. I'm sure it's pretty close to SUNY Albany due to the fact that Albany is a pretty small/hellish city.

Hey now :mad:

CuddlyKumquat said:
Damn...i was hoping for a lighter tuition :laugh:

I haven't decided yet. Probably later on, end of Oct?

Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking?

Prozach said:
Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking?

Currently, MD/DC area. But Im from LI :)

yea NY!!!!

VPDcurt said:
Sorry - I'm just tellin' it like it is.

Putting all hometown-loyalty aside, it isn't a terribly pleasant place......particularly in January. That said, I live in Rochester now for college, and I'll trade Rochester for Albany any day of the week.

Prozach said:
Putting all hometown-loyalty aside, it isn't a terribly pleasant place......particularly in January. That said, I live in Rochester now for college, and I'll trade Rochester for Albany any day of the week.

Granted Albany is cold but it isn't htat bad. I live here now and I enjoy it. There are some tougher areas of Albany, but it's not that bad of a city and if you want to live in the suburbs it's easy to get around.

CuddlyKumquat said:

see? I never got that? Y is it SUNY Albany? I thought the only SUNY in upstate New York is in Syracuse. I hear many ppl talk about SUNY albany and I'm always wondering if Albany MC is actually a SUNY. But its mad expensive and it says that its private in the MSAR, so i doubt it.

zurned said:
see? I never got that? Y is it SUNY Albany? I thought the only SUNY in upstate New York is in Syracuse. I hear many ppl talk about SUNY albany and I'm always wondering if Albany MC is actually a SUNY. But its mad expensive and it says that its private in the MSAR, so i doubt it.

SUNY-Albany is an undergraduate and graduate institution. It has no association with Albany Medical College. Albany Med is not a part of the SUNY system. Yes they are close by-- located like 5 miles apart but they are not one and the same.