Is Albert Einstein worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hammatime99

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
And on top of that it's a pretty late II, end of March. So I don't really know what my chances are anyway.

Comes down to:
1) Do you have the financial means to do so?
2) Do you actually believe that you would seriously consider attending if AE granted you an acceptance?

Point number 2 depends on a variety of factors, including (but not limited to) family (require strong support system and/or have family dependent upon you), and actual interest in that specific medical school. You can argue that an affordable, near-home medical school would be idiotic to turn down, considering that you can do well from most any US MD, and keep your support. However, you could just as reasonably argue your passion for that specific school, the location, the opportunities available, and many students make these decision and are very happy with the result. What matters most to you? What matters a lot to you, that you can also learn to adapt to living without (temporarily, or perhaps longer, depending on residency).

Maybe give some specifics so others can chime in with their experiences.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup.

If you got in, would you go? If the answer is yes, then go interview. If the answer is no, then don't bother.

Reactions: 3 users
Sure, you saying it's a reach school means that you thought you didn't have a chance, yet here you sit with an II. I would go

Reactions: 1 user
Sure, you saying it's a reach school means that you thought you didn't have a chance, yet here you sit with an II. I would go

+1 Go to the interview day. And as for the hotel expense issue, I'm sure Einstein has a student host program like most (probably all?) other schools have, so there goes your hotel cost.

+1 Go to the interview day. And as for the hotel expense issue, I'm sure Einstein has a student host program like most (probably all?) other schools have, so there goes your hotel cost.

Good news, everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
where were you accepted?

I would go to AE and then if accepted compare financial aid. AE has some pretty good scholarships and you never know. Plane ticket and hotel is very little in the grand scheme of it all.