Is an Ed.D. student allowed on here? :-)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StephanieTitus

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Stephanie and I am graduating with my masters in Community Counseling from Northern Kentucky University in May :) :) and I am starting the Ed.D. program in Counselor Education at University of Cincinnati in the fall.

I can't wait to talk to other masters/doctoral students in the helping field. So glad I found this site!

Thank you :)

Steph

Members don't see this ad.

NO! we barely let psyD's in here*, if we start allowing EdD's what's next? dogs will lie with cats and the heavens will rain fire..!

congrats on going for your doctorate! my research interests involve developmental psychopathology, cogntive development in children, and in-school interventions. so, i think edd's are wicked cool.

*for the record, psyD's PhD's and EdD's are approximately equal in "wicked coolness".

Members don't see this ad :)
you from MA too?

;)

NO! we barely let psyD's in here*, if we start allowing EdD's what's next? dogs will lie with cats and the heavens will rain fire..!

congrats on going for your doctorate! my research interests involve developmental psychopathology, cogntive development in children, and in-school interventions. so, i think edd's are wicked cool.

*for the record, psyD's PhD's and EdD's are approximately equal in "wicked coolness".

Gotta say, there are times I feel like Psyd's are barely allowed on here.;) j/k

In all seriousness, I hope you'll feel welcome and that you find the viewpoints on here helpful!:)

I've done therapy with two people for supervision and personal therapy. I buffaloed the Ph.D. but the Ed.D actually shook me by the shoulders and said I was an a**hole! I couldn't fool him. He helped me a lot. Kinda reminded me of the videos of Fritz Pearls. He always wore shorts and sandals and sometimes ate a snack during therapy. He was cool.

I'm a psych NP student. We go anywhere...want to talk or want an injection?:laugh: