Is anyone applying/accepted to the Loma Linda Occupational Therapy program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MOTstudent

enthusiastic new member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Just wondering if any of you have been accepted or are applying for this year's entry-level MOT at Loma Linda University. Starts June 2010. :)

I got my acceptance a couple weeks ago :) Class of 2013!

If so, are you dorming or living off-campus? I have a feeling they're going to make me live on campus for first quarter (I turn 21 a month after school starts), but I'm hoping to share a house/apartment.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
hey! Congratulations on getting in! I have an interview with LLU next week Tuesday...Im really nervous about it. How did it go for you? any tips you can give me?

If I get in I hope to stay in an apartment...

Hey!
Do you know who you're interviewing with?
My interviewer was WONDERFUL. She made me feel completely relaxed, as if we were just having a regular conversation. I was really nervous, but she took a lot of the pressure off as soon as I walked in :)

[took off interview Qs -- if anyone needs them, private message me]

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
My girlfriend was accepted, but I am not sure if she will be attending. If she does end up going to LLU I am pretty sure she will be living in an apartment. If anyone is going to be looking for roommates let me know. Congrats to all of you guys!

P.S. MOTstudent - you are super young! Good for you!

Guamer -- Ohhh okay. My cousin did a phone interview and they didn't mention the essay to her either. I wonder if you guys don't have to do it at all??? Have you done your shadowing hours yet?

pttrac - thank you :) I'm very excited! I hope your girlfriend joins us!!!

MOTstudent-
I finished the observation hours couple months ago. How about you? the only thing i didnt turn in was my high school transcript but they said I didnt have to. How soon did you get your acceptance after the interview?
I have the interview in about an hour :D I hope it goes well.

I finished them a few months ago too.
It took me a while to get my acceptance because they wanted to see my grades for last semester... My interview was November and my grades weren't posted until January, so it took until January.
But, I heard from my cousin that the board met yesterday, so they should have already decided on you :-D After they send all the paperwork into registration you should get an email telling you if you were accepted, then the official letter in the mail with your pin number and everything.

How was the interview?

p.s. when you're accepted (not "if" haha) we should start a facebook group for our class -- I don't want to start one and be the only one in it.

Last edited:
Hello,

Congratulations on being accepted! I have an interview tomorrow at 9am; I am running through possible interview questions. Do you have any advice or tips it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

Jaimeec,
I'm going to send you a private message.

Last edited:
Hey, CONGRATS on the acceptance MOTSTUDENT. I have an interview for Pacific University and Loma Linda coming up. Any advice on questions they ask? THANKS!!! and CONGRATS AGAIN!!! From one OT to another...

OT4ME, sweet! Which one is your first choice?
I'll private message you.

Hey,

Just wondering if any of you have been accepted or are applying for this year's entry-level MOT at Loma Linda University. Starts June 2010. :)

I got my acceptance a couple weeks ago :) Class of 2013!

If so, are you dorming or living off-campus? I have a feeling they're going to make me live on campus for first quarter (I turn 21 a month after school starts), but I'm hoping to share a house/apartment.

HI! I just recently got accepted to the MOT program at LLU as well. I am coming from south Texas and am really excited to start. I noticed that you might stay in the dorms, I think I will to because financial aid will take that into consideration and offer more money. (idk if thats entirely true) but since I'm coming from far away I think dorms are a good idea anyway.

Anyway, I just was kinda nervous about going to a new place and not knowing anyone when I get there so I am glad you posted this thread! Im fairly new to these forums... I hope to hear back from you or anyone else!

WOO HOO class of 2013!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
YAY!!!!! Congrats!!!!

I want to start a facebook page for our class, but wanted to wait until someone else was accepted so I wouldn't be alone in a group. Do you have facebook?

Last edited:
I was placed on the alternate list L for the LLU MOT program so sad about it but there is still hopeJ! I am pray that by some chance I get moved to acceptance.

Ohhh -- so does that mean all the spots are filled? I'm sure someone will drop out though, we still have over 3 months. And still, congrats on being placed on the list! I hope it works out!

I was placed on the alternate list L for the LLU MOT program so sad about it but there is still hopeJ! I am pray that by some chance I get moved to acceptance.

Being on the waiting list isnt to bad, i know alot of people who have gotten accepted because others drop out and things like that. Well i hope that you get accepted eventually. Let us know how it works out.

Thanks Kseaa10, I know it’s not the worst thing that could happen! I am staying optimistic :)...I'll keep you posted if I hear anything.

I was also put on the alternate list. Do you know what number you are on the list ?

I don't know. I don't think there is a way to find out. Let me know if you hear anything..good luck :)

I don't know. I don't think there is a way to find out. Let me know if you hear anything..good luck :)

Thanks! let me know if you hear anything from them. Do u have any back up schools ?

hey if anyone is looking for a place and a roommate who got into llu, I am looking, I am starting the DPT program in june. message me if interested

hey guys.. im admitted to LLU for the Post Prof MOT program..will begin classes this september.. are all of u going for entry level MOT or is anyone for Post Prof as well..?
im also looking for a male roommate to share an apartment off-campus.. i actually prefer on-campus housing but Daniells Residence complexes are currently not accepting graduate male student or so im informed... Any idea abt that???
Glad to join u all at LLU-OT... :)

hi guys! im a prospective applicant for the loma linda program and was just wondering for those of you who have been accepted...what was your average GPA???? does loma linda consider your GPA for the last 60 units or something like that (as some schools do) I didnt do very good in school the first couple years etc

thanks!

yea i am on the same boat as want2bot....i would love to know the gpa and stuff too i just applied and i have a overall 3.09gpa and have over 250hours in the ot field...can you guys let me know if thats good and send be the interview questions?? pleassee that would be super

hi guys! im a prospective applicant for the loma linda program and was just wondering for those of you who have been accepted...what was your average GPA???? does loma linda consider your GPA for the last 60 units or something like that (as some schools do) I didnt do very good in school the first couple years etc

thanks!

HI, I am currently doing the MOT program at LLU. To answer your question they do look at your overall gpa, however, they only take into consideration the gpa of the college prereq's (remember, if you are not graduating with a bachelors degree, then you have additional prereqs that you need to take--- for a list visit http://www.llu.edu/assets/alliedhealth/documents/ot/mot2010.pdf) . So, if you have a bad overall gpa you may still be able to get by if you have better grades in the required courses. The admissions faculty did inform me that in order to make yourself a competitive applicant, shoot for higher grades in all of your undergrad classes... if you are able, take easy gpa boosting classes just in case...

Also, if you were unable to improve your gpa for whatever reason my advice to you is to explain the reasoning behind the poor grades in the essay. For example, if you are a parent or working extra to be able to pay for school. Be careful not to turn this part of your essay into a sob story. If during your freshman or early years of undergrad your grades were not that great but then ended up making a change for the better would be a fantastic thing to point out.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU, i hope this helps :)

One other thing, the faculty in the OT dept at LLU is very friendly and are always willing to answer any questions you may have.

Last edited:
Hey!
My interviewer was WONDERFUL. She made me feel completely relaxed, as if we were just having a regular conversation. I was really nervous, but she took a lot of the pressure off as soon as I walked in :)

Hi, I have an interview with Loma Linda next week for the MOT program, and i was wondering if you could help me out with some possible questions they may ask?

Thank you and God bless,
gala11

can i ask what kind of questions they asked during your interview?

When did u hear about the interview and was it in the mail or thru e-mail? because i applied to LLU also....thanks and please let me know asap!

When did u hear about the interview and was it in the mail or thru e-mail? because i applied to LLU also....thanks and please let me know asap!

I applied to LLU early September and didn't get a phone call invite until the middle of October. My interview was yesterday so that left me a little less than two weeks to prepare.

Can I ask you what kind of interview questions they asked? and what were your stats?? because i applied around august and didnt hear back yet

Anybody have any idea what the applicant pool is for Loma?

i recently applied to llu's MOT program. I see that it takes about a month or so to hear back to get an interview. What types of questions do they ask? Also, what makes your application really stand out? I know hours, grades, and such.. but there were so many religion/spiritual based essay questions. Is that what they want?

Hello I too have an interview this upcoming week.

Can anybody help me with the interview questions?

Thanks! and Happy Thanksgiving! :cool:

I just found out I got placed on the alternative list :*( What are the chances of moving from alternative list to acceptance? Is there an order they go by on the list? I hope I get accepted eventually. Anybody got acceptance or on the alternative list like me?

Anyone else heard back from the school yet? any acceptances so far/ or alternate list? please share your status, thanks.

Has anyone received acceptances or denials for Loma Linda?

Also any interview tips? I have an interview this Friday and am quite nervous!

Thanks and good luck to all!

I just received my acceptance letter to the MOT program recently :)
I interviewed in December and found out mid January.
Good luck to you guys, Loma Linda usually responds within a month or so.

Hi there,

Congrats on your acceptance rainbowOT!

Did you have to complete any type of writing assesment? Any tips on interview?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thx

Thanks!
There was a writing assessment right after the interview and i believe there is one coming up if the prerequisite for their writing class has not been met. Also, for the interview, honestly, just be yourself. It is the only way to prepare and not psych yourself out. :) You can private message me if you'd like about the questions!
Goodluck~

Just got accepted last week for MOT, looking forward to June. Good Luck to everyone, carpe diem. Email me with any questions.

Just got my acceptance letter today! yay for class of 2014! we should start a facebook group also we can all get in contact with each other!

Hey 2014!!!!! Congrats on your acceptances. I just realized i keep getting messages from people wanting to know more about the program, but I never check this account..... so.... if you guys want to join 2013's group to see what life is like as an OT student until you guys start your own memories, feel free to check out what we're up to and ask any questions: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=334539392730&ref=ts

Congrats to those who got accepted!! :)
I submitted my application for the MOT program at LLU almost a month ago and I'm waiting to hear back from them. I had no idea that they have already accepted students for the June 2011 term. Does anyone know how many students they've accepted so far? Also, how was the interview process? Was it over the phone or in person? Any tips and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hey!

I also have an interview for Occupational Therapy at Loma Linda University, and I am really nervous about it. What interview questions do they usually ask? You wrote that you took the Qs off. I was wondering if you could help me out! Thanks :)

Hey guys! I got accepted to LLU for OT class of 2014! My advice is to not stress about your interview. Everyone that works in the OT department is very nice and you will feel comfortable with them. Don't worry just be yourself! = )