Is anyone applying/accepted to the Loma Linda Occupational Therapy program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey I am on the alternate list for the LLU MOT Class of 2014!! Does anyone know if all 30 students already been chosen? If so do you or anyone you know who has been accepted plan on not attending? I heard that people on the alternate list often don't get in until a couple weeks before school starts! And I also heard that usually most everyone who is accepted chooses to attend! Ahh!! I hope that is not the case this year because I really really really want to get in!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm on the alternate list too and I really want to get in! Let me know how it works out for you!

I have a question if anyone can answer... I noticed one of the requirements to get into the OT program is - Religious studies, 4 quarter units per year of full-time study. (Applies only to students attending Seventh-day Adventist colleges.) Does this mean I had to take 4 quarter units of religious classes each year I was in community college?

Also, do the religious courses count towards the 14 semester units in humanities?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you going to have a BA/BS when you apply?

* Don't know how to post a question here, as i am fairly new to this site. I need opinions and responses as to whether i am deemed as a competitive applicant to an occupational therapy program( preferably at my university, Kean).

Current undergrad GPA( accumulative):3.426 (aiming for at least 3.5)

Current prerequisite GPA: 3.5

Settings observed: Rehab center( 60hrs), hand therapy clinic( 24hrs), hospital setting( 4hrs), low vision clinic (4hrs), home care (6hrs), Psychiatric Rehab center (20hrs). Total: 118 hours of observation/volunteering, with 6 different settings. I also intend to observe at a school setting( pediatrics) over break, so a possible 7 settings.

Extracurricular activities: Director of Public Relations of Asian Culture Club( 2009-2010), member of Association of Latin American Students(2009-2010), member of Student Organization Public Advertising Committee( 2010-2011), member of Filipinos Uniting Nation at Kean( 2011-present), and member/Public Relations committee member of Students of Occupational Therapy Association( 2010-present).

Awards: Dean's list ( spring '10), Dean's list( fall '10), Dean's list (spring '11)

*P.S.: I had already applied to the dual degree occupational therapy program last year, and managed to make it to the interviews. However, ultimately i was not admitted. The difference in my application this year is I added an additional 26 hours accumulated from another hand therapy clinic (4hrs), same home care setting( 2hrs), and a new setting: psychiatric rehabilitation center( 20hrs). These observations were a required assignment for my intro to occupational therapy class, which was an added prerequisite this year. My only fear is that there is a strong possibility that I may receive a B or B+ for my intro to occupational therapy class( my teacher is a hard grader). Thank you

Very impressive. Should be good enough. How about your references?? In my opinion this is heavily leaned on when considering acceptance along with the interview.

If you don't already know by now being this is a little dated....
Good Luck :)

Hello OT Kevin, not sure if your message was directed toward me, but my references were 2 OT's( 1 OT director, and 1 home care OT) as well as a teacher.

Jaimeec,
I'm going to send you a private message.
Hi MOTStudent! I have an interview coming up really soon! I was wondering if you can give me any tips or help me with what interview questions you had for the MOT program.

Thank You!

Hi everyone! I have an interview on next Monday, Can someone please tell me what are the interview questions and the essay look like? Thank you very much

Hi OT students. I have an interview coming up at LLU and was wondering if you could help me out with giving me some tips of how should I get prepared and what kind of questions do they ask? Thank you very much.

Has anyone heard any responses from LLU yet??

Has anyone heard any responses from LLU yet??

Hi! I have not heard from them yet. I interviewed late October and they said I should know by December. Let me know if you hear back sooner.

Hi there! Will do:) I interviewed in mid-ish October, I was just hoping we would all hear back sooner. Let me know if you hear anything too:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel as if we will all hear about their decision around the same time....Keep the faith and lets see what happens.

I have an upcoming interview on Monday and would appreciate help with interview and essay questions. Thanks.

Has anyone heard anything yet? I had my interview in October and thought I would have heard by now. I know they said we would hear in December, but I'm starting to worry...

I called about two weeks ago and they said that hopefully letters will be in the mail by the 18th of December:)

I just got an email from Madge saying the faculty made their decisions before Christmas and because the offices were closed due to the holidays, the admissions office is still processing decisions and letters will be out soon

Hmm...I didn't get that email. Did everyone else get it? Now I'm nervous.

I should have clarified that I emailed her first and she replied back

Oh okay, thanks for clearing that up. Did everyone just get an email from the financial aid dept? At first I got excited thinking that meant I was accepted, but now I'm thinking they just send it to everyone.

Yea, I recieved the fin aid letter too. I think it was a general email...

I also got excited when I first saw the financial aid email...but then I realized it was just a general mailer. I hope we find out soon! Has anyone tried calling the Admin office? Any word from them?

I also got excited when I first saw the financial aid email...but then I realized it was just a general mailer. I hope we find out soon! Has anyone tried calling the Admin office? Any word from them?

I called them about a week ago but they did not tell me. They directed me back to the OT department :/

Keep in mind that all school offices were closed until Monday January 7 and the admissions office has a lot to process. OT isn't the only department-there could be other departments that had their apps due around when ours were due

The Admissions office are now in the process of completing all the letters, but they need to make sure all the students files are complete before sending out all the letters So you will receive your letter in the mail possibly by the end of this month.

Thank you,

Melinda

I just e-mailed Madge to verify Melinda's reply to an email I sent her. Melinda's reply is obviously up above. Hopefully I'll hear back soon.

Ok, so Madge just said to expect a letter from Admissions soon.

FYI
Don't bother calling Admissions because I did and the person who answered the phone told me they're not allowed to say anything and just referred me back to the OT department. So we'll just have to wait until our letters come. Bottom line-letters will come when they come

I hate the wait... but I know it should be soon.

My friend got a rejection letter yesterday. She lives 1 mile from campus so I think that's why she got hers before the rest of us.

I am so nervous, maybe i am gonna get a rejection letter soon ... :) my GPA just isn't that impressive

I just checked the mail and I haven't received anything yet. Gwleung, did your friend have an interview previously, or was she just flat-out rejected?

I checked my application status online and it says I'm on the alternate list :-/ It's some hope but I wish it would have said accepted!

Im on alternate list as well, any1 know how long do we need to wait ?

Check your email, or go to llu website-- login-- student service box-- id : ur social securrity number. Pin: 482500 ... Then check ur app status

I clicked on app status and it just takes me to my application summary which just says what transcripts etc they received

Mine says the same thing. I can log in to see my submitted application and transcripts, but there's nothing new. Where exactly does it say your status? Maybe they're just slowly working through all of the applicants.

I bet you they're doing this by alphabetical order. That's the only thing I can think of-my friend's last name starts with a letter that's very close to the beginning of the alphabet.. Alright, maybe I'm just grasping at straws here

My last name starts with B, so that might not be it :) I'm desperate to find out, though!

Yup, same here. I log in and it just has a summary of my application. At least people are getting news, it's tough not knowing. Good luck to those who haven't heard back and to those on the waitlist! Maybe we'll hear back Monday...

I got a letter saying I was accepted today. There still is no change in my application status. I had been checking frequently. I would not worry too much if you do not see any change in the application status. Good luck those of you still waiting.

Last edited:
Congrats Taegu! I also received my acceptance today. Good luck to everyone else

Congrats to you both! I just checked my mail and I still haven't received anything :-/ When do you have to make a decision by?

Congrats to you both! I just checked my mail and I still haven't received anything :-/ When do you have to make a decision by?

When you get an acceptance letter (it comes in a big envelope), you have to fill out this card saying you accept or decline. If you accept, you need to make a deposit to secure your spot. You have 14 days

I also received my acceptance letter today! Congrats to those who got in! Yay!!!