Is anyone else hesitant of getting into a relationship?

AlfonsTheGuru

Surgeons aren't what they used to be.
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Not completely applicable, but I went for 4 years between my relationships. My current one I've been in will be three years in October. We met at school, and had been dating for 8 months before I found out that he wouldn't be returning to school with me. I cried that night. I cried three weeks later during a summer visit when he commented "I think this long distance thing could really work out." I felt completely awful. But at that point, I knew that it was time to put on my big girl pants and grow up.

Do I miss him? Hell yes. Do I wish there were more nights of that physical contact? Of course. But the distance doesn't have to be a nail in the coffin. For us, the distance has made us stronger, because we both put for more effort into our relationship, and I personally think that makes our connection stronger.

Reactions: 3 users
I will eventually have to move for school. If I had a SO right now, which I wouldn't mind :biglove:, it'd be a LDR. I just really need that physical comfort and connection. It's literally the only reason why I haven't tried dating.
Your like 17 bro. Don't let school get in the way of some of the best years of your life!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Your like 17 bro. Don't let school get in the way of some of the best years of your life!
People said high school would be the best years of my life. It definitely wasn't, because these so called years will vary from one person to another based on their personal interpretation and situation.

Last edited:
People said high school would be the best years of my life It definitely wasn't, because these so called years will vary from one person to another based on their personal interpretation and situation.

Any adult who considers high school to be the "best years of their life" has lived a pretty ****ty and/or boring life.

Reactions: 5 users
Any adult who considers high school to be the "best years of their life" has lived a pretty ****ty and/or boring life.

What are you talking about high school was so much fun, everyone knew how to have a good time, life goes all downhill after that point. Oh especially after the age of 30, its a near death sentence.

There's some great line by Matthew Mcconaughey in Dazed and Confused that comes to mind

People said high school would be the best years of my life It definitely wasn't, because these so called years will vary from one person to another based on their personal interpretation and situation.

Well if it wasn't high school, it could be college, but everything else is pretty much downhill from there, also after 30 life starts to suck, most people start to lose their looks, some people are lucky and still look decent into their 30s and even their 40s, but most people fall apart by 40. You lose your hair, your sex drive falls, your health fails, life just gets harder, I guess any period under 30 should be savored as the best time to be alive.

"Dating" or should I say "dealing with the opposite gender" has just become a laborious chore lately.

Female medical students are just not my cup of tea. Yeah. That is all.

"Dating" or should I say "dealing with the opposite gender" has just become a laborious chore lately.

Female medical students are just not my cup of tea. Yeah. That is all.

Its mostly because people in medical school have no sense of humor, and people are super politically correct, any offhand comment can get you in serious hot water, if you want to date, have a sex life, its better to seek that outside of school, rather than risk your career with someone in school.

Its mostly because people in medical school have no sense of humor, and people are super politically correct, any offhand comment can get you in serious hot water, if you want to date, have a sex life, its better to seek that outside of school, rather than risk your career with someone in school.

You're absolutely right. My male friends (at school) and I agree that dating the women in medical school == bad idea.

However, I was referring to "dating" (or w/e you want to call it) outside school. I have some options, but people are just getting weirder by the day.

You're absolutely right. My male friends (at school) and I agree that dating the women in medical school == bad idea.

However, I was referring to "dating" (or w/e you want to call it) outside school. I have some options, but people are just getting weirder by the day.

It depends where you live, I am near Scottsdale AZ, I met a gorgeous woman who is not in Medicine, so I lucked out. Yeah dating in Medical school is wrong for so many reasons, most people in medical school have no sense of humor, are super politically correct, get easily offended by any innocent comment.

Dating in undergrad is different because women in undergrad are less judgmental and uptight.

Not at all. I did find woman easier to socialize with in undergrad

Not at all. I did find woman easier to socialize with in undergrad

That is because people tend to be more relaxed and less serious in undergrad, also people are not as established in their personal lives like they are in graduate school, many people I know are married or are in serious relationships, so its hard to find people who are not taken. Even then when you find people who are single, they do not have time for you and the environment of medical school makes it hard to have a good relationship. Most people who do date, do so out of convenience, and often these relationships often wither after time.

Though you never really know. That being said, the amount of work you have as as student, the amount of time which you have which is none, and the amount of money which you have which is little, makes it tough to date as a medical student. And dating, particularly a fellow student might make your already stressful life even more stressful.

Yeah if you can't talk without offending people the problem is probably not theirs, just saying.

Yeah if you can't talk without offending people the problem is probably not theirs, just saying.
I totally blame people for not realizing my responses are sarcastic and/or facetious.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

I understand people wanting to take their education seriously, but what's life without enjoying laughs here and there??

Reactions: 1 users
I understand people wanting to take their education seriously, but what's life without enjoying laughs here and there??

I agree but its better to see that outside of school because women in medical school are not much fun, you should look up some PUAs like Roosh and Julien, they wrote some articles about women in graduate school, and it was pretty bleak stuff, and knowing first hand what women in graduate school are like, I have to agree with them even if they are kind of controversial they are on point about the fact that you are not going to have much fun with the type of women you will find in graduate school. As a male student in today's environment you stand a lot to lose, you are better off finding dating options outside of school, and you can find plenty of laughs here and there outside of campus free from dealing with school administrators and other people who can negatively impact your career.

I totally blame people for not realizing my responses are sarcastic and/or facetious.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Well, you have to bear in mind that if you just started medical school, these people don't know you. You are going to be working with a wide variety of people throughout your career, and a lot of them are going to be on the more conservative/ serious side of the fence, and you are probably going to offend them and possibly cause issues for yourself if you don't recognize that not everyone gets your humor and change your behavior to fit your audience.

I agree but its better to see that outside of school because women in medical school are not much fun, you should look up some PUAs like Roosh and Julien, they wrote some articles about women in graduate school, and it was pretty bleak stuff, and knowing first hand what women in graduate school are like, I have to agree with them even if they are kind of controversial they are on point about the fact that you are not going to have much fun with the type of women you will find in graduate school. As a male student in today's environment you stand a lot to lose, you are better off finding dating options outside of school, and you can find plenty of laughs here and there outside of campus free from dealing with school administrators and other people who can negatively impact your career.
Funny cause I am dating one right now lol I wonder if that's why she likes me? Just for my fun!

Funny cause I am dating one right now lol I wonder if that's why she likes me? Just for my fun!

I would just not date someone in Medicine, I am in medical school but prefer dating people outside of Medicine, I get approached by fellow students, the thing that turns me off from medical students is that most are too aggressive, its hard to be yourself around people with that kind of mentality.