Is buying re-printed (overseas) kaplan lecture notes 2014 worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PrinceAli

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to get print copies of the Kaplan Lecture Notes for step 1 studying. Some upperclassmen have pdf copies of the 2013 KLNs, but just printing out 3 of the books (I figured kaplan biochem, micro, and pharm were the most important) would cost me about $110 at my local Staples.

But going onto eBay, I can find various sellers of the entire KLN series (the newest 2014 version) for between $120-$150, all of which are printed overseas. Since the 2014 notes are so new I haven't found any reviews of them but I assume they're just as good as their previous versions.

Does anyone have experience with buying books printed overseas? If there really is no difference between that and the regular US-printed ones, then I'll go ahead and buy them.

Appreciate any feedback you guys have, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

There really is no difference, but it was a waste of money for me as I just watched the videos and didn't need the printed notes in front of me.

I'm trying to get print copies of the Kaplan Lecture Notes for step 1 studying. Some upperclassmen have pdf copies of the 2013 KLNs, but just printing out 3 of the books (I figured kaplan biochem, micro, and pharm were the most important) would cost me about $110 at my local Staples.

But going onto eBay, I can find various sellers of the entire KLN series (the newest 2014 version) for between $120-$150, all of which are printed overseas. Since the 2014 notes are so new I haven't found any reviews of them but I assume they're just as good as their previous versions.

Does anyone have experience with buying books printed overseas? If there really is no difference between that and the regular US-printed ones, then I'll go ahead and buy them.

How much does your school charge to print?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm actually not sure but I'm trying to find out, to see if it might be more cost-effective to print at school and just bind the books at Staples.

As long as you don't mind that the pages are black and white it would probably be significantly cheaper to print at your school. My school charges 5-10 cents (for the sake of some anonymity) per page.

Id buy the books. I watch the videos and annotate in the margins. The books are well done especially the color pictures. If you watch the videos and annotate in the books you will then have a solid foundation of study material to refer back to. For $120-150 that is MORE than worth it

Id buy the books. I watch the videos and annotate in the margins. The books are well done especially the color pictures. If you watch the videos and annotate in the books you will then have a solid foundation of study material to refer back to. For $120-150 that is MORE than worth it

Thanks for mentioning this! After bookmarking the page and just deliberating for a while, I ended up buying the new set for $120 (including shipping) today and I'm pretty happy with my decision. I checked the printing price at my school, and found that I wouldn't really save that much money overall and figured that the convenience of having the books already bound and sent to me would be worth it.

Thanks for mentioning this! After bookmarking the page and just deliberating for a while, I ended up buying the new set for $120 (including shipping) today and I'm pretty happy with my decision. I checked the printing price at my school, and found that I wouldn't really save that much money overall and figured that the convenience of having the books already bound and sent to me would be worth it.
Trust me you are going to enjoy the Kaplan books. I was originally skeptical about the Kaplan course even missing quite a few of my live lectures that my school purchased for our class as part of the tuition.

I regretted doing that as now i have listened to every video except for Physio, Pharm, and Neuroanatomy and annotated in the margins for each section.

Couple this with the Kaplan QBank 2012 and 2013 available on various websites and forums and you should have a very solid pass thru the material

Good luck in your studying

Trust me you are going to enjoy the Kaplan books. I was originally skeptical about the Kaplan course even missing quite a few of my live lectures that my school purchased for our class as part of the tuition.

I regretted doing that as now i have listened to every video except for Physio, Pharm, and Neuroanatomy and annotated in the margins for each section.

Couple this with the Kaplan QBank 2012 and 2013 available on various websites and forums and you should have a very solid pass thru the material

Good luck in your studying

I heard the biochem and pharm videos were particularly excellent, I'm def going to take advantage of these resources. I think I'm going to spiral bind some of the more-used KLN books so it's easier to take notes. I did that with Pathoma and it makes everything so much easier.

Thanks for the advice, by the way!

kaplan 2014 step 2 ck in egypt whole set would cost u 10$
it is white and black copy but very clean

I heard the biochem and pharm videos were particularly excellent, I'm def going to take advantage of these resources. I think I'm going to spiral bind some of the more-used KLN books so it's easier to take notes. I did that with Pathoma and it makes everything so much easier.

Thanks for the advice, by the way!

Sir,do you spiral bind with inserts of empty sheets or use a ring binder?
how do you insert your notes.