Is dental school really this laid back?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

the6kid

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Or am I missing something...

Members don't see this ad.

Wait they have a ton of other parodies too, this should be fun!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
It's a clever ruse to get you to fork over 400K :diebanana:

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
2:59 That's what 3 years of dental school does.

Jokes.

Reactions: 1 users
Michelle and Christine could get it....
The golden hands award that is

I think these videos are for their annual "Over the Hump" party- a major milestone in the education of every UoP student.

UoP has to be one of the coolest schools in the country. I love these videos!

Go to 5:10 on this video to see a UoP spin-off on "Gangam Style":

Reactions: 2 users
UoP is definitely at the top of my list, but my 18 PAT pretty much destroys any chances I have...

You never know- I'd say it's worth a shot.

They have a lot of videos! Whenever I try to look us videos from dental school, they are either from 2011 or are professional videos.

"I heard Houston is so much easier... At least we aren't at San Antonio!" lmao

Reactions: 4 users
I definitely will be the class clown

Members don't see this ad :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-05 at 12.06.18 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-05 at 12.06.18 AM.png
    58.9 KB · Views: 66
Is this why you sound bitter?
It's a clever ruse to get you to fork over 400k! :diebanana:

Now, you can obsessively creep through my posts if you want, but I'll save you the time: I got into UoP.

Not to mention I'm sure the person you're quoting was half joking. Lighten up :rolleyes:. UoP is a great school but it is also crazy expensive, which is why I won't be attending. I definitely wouldn't have a reason to complain if I was though!

It's a clever ruse to get you to fork over 400k! :diebanana:

Now, you can obsessively creep through my posts if you want, but I'll save you the time: I got into UoP.

Not to mention I'm sure the person you're quoting was half joking. Lighten up :rolleyes:. UoP is a great school but it is also crazy expensive, which is why I won't be attending. I definitely wouldn't have a reason to complain if I was though!

Without taking into account your loan interest rates and just comparing UCLA to UOP it doesnt seem crazy expensive?

Are you living with family?
w/o = 311643 at UCLA

I came up with 358673 for UOP tuition and fees, incluidng living expenses = 446801. 1st year dental grad salary = 120k. After tax = 84k
447-84= 363k

Granted you could have other reasons for choosing UCLA or maybe you are living at home which is awesome!

Edit: eh to be more accurate I suppose I should pull 30k from the 84k as your living expenses for a year and so that extra year of salary only offsets 54k which would make UOP = 393k which is significantly more expensive.

Course that year could be the last year of your salary rather than your first which would presumably be more money but whatever

Last edited:
Without taking into account your loan interest rates and just comparing UCLA to UOP it doesnt seem crazy expensive?

w/o = 311643 at UCLA

I came up with 358673 for UOP tuition and fees, incluidng living expenses = 446801. 1st year dental grad salary = 120k. After tax = 84k
447-84= 363k

Granted you could have other reasons for choosing UCLA or maybe you are living at home which is awesome!

:laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Is this why you sound bitter?

I'm not bitter at all. I was actually just posting here to be funny. The emoji...beating a dead horse...someone was bound to talk about the tuition. Besides, you know I'm a pretty sarcastic guy, right? You've been creeping my posts after all..lol

I'm not bitter at all. I was actually just posting here to be funny. The emoji...beating a dead horse...someone was bound to talk about the tuition. Besides, you know I'm a pretty sarcastic guy, right? You've been creeping my posts after all..lol

For the record, @dyesht is the one that appears bitter :laugh:

w/o = 311643 at UCLA

447-84= 363k

Edit: eh to be more accurate I suppose I should pull 30k from the 84k as your living expenses for a year and so that extra year of salary only offsets 54k which would make UOP = 393k which is significantly more expensive.

Course that year could be the last year of your salary rather than your first which would presumably be more money but whatever
It's hard for me to ignore interest and the final year of salary thing doesn't have an effect on your ability to pay off the debt initially = more interest. Ucla also gives most of their students a health professionals grant for a few thousand d per year depending on a variety of factors which I know I'll qualify for. So I took off another 20k. As you mentioned everything about living in LA, while expensive, is less so than SF. I also went there for undergrad and had my entire tuition covered, so I spoke with the finaid lady and at the very least they'd cover my health insurance. There were a few other things but I got my conservative estimate for LA down to 280 vs nearly 400 for UoP

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: I will not be mean to @AlphaBeta<3 in the pre-dent forums. It is our safe space, but I do welcome here to come explore the world of dentistry and expand her horizons. Alpha, did you ever read the Barney Frank article about political activism I sent you a week or so ago? I'm interested to hear your thoughts on it, and would love to discuss. Hope all is well!
She definitely put me on ignore for tagging her that one time :( Baby come back!