Is FA enough for Micro?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aclamity

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm still about 6 weeks from test day and wanted to know the ideal way to study for Micro. I'm planning to make my own study charts or flashcards. I have FA and CMMRS, but pulling info from both seems like overkill

If I memorized all the micro info in FA (and did UW) will that be enough to cover the step 1 questions? I went through CMMRS during school and will probably browse through it again before the test, but the charts at the end of each chapter are kind of hefty and many of the details are not covered in FA. I'd rather not waste my time memorizing too many unnecessary details and risk overlooking the unimportant ones.

Along those lines, would I just be better off buying the Lippincott's Microcards? I've heard they're very detailed too, but I'm thinking they might be doable over a 6 week period. any help would be appreciated. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I scored above avg in micro using 1st aid and Uworld only ... i made my own flashcards using 1st aid and adding some stuff from qbanks .