Is getting into an osteopathic school hard/prestigious?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
facepalm.jpg

I know people who were kicked out of one DO school and accepted at another DO school. No MD school would accept someone who was kicked out of another MD school.That should just about clear it up.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know people who were kicked out of one DO school and accepted at another DO school. No MD school would accept someone who was kicked out of another MD school.That should just about clear it up.

Oh ok. Glad you got to the bottom of this... It's been killing me for the past year.

tumblr_lnfmwz0gbq1qgllay.gif

Last edited:
This site is the best site for people who want to get info in order to maximize their chances on how to get into med school. And I still don't undertand why some people come in here to troll. The level of immaturity you see in the SDN community is unbelievable...

RVU took Bones after every other school rejected him. they made him a repeater.

n = 1.

And you're not a med student.

I have recently received acceptances to Touro University's osteopathic program and and Touro College's osteopathic school in NYC. I have been getting a whole bunch of osteopathic interviews but not one single MD interview. I feel like I am short-changing myself by considering osteopathic school, that it is not as prestigious as MD school. Should I feel this way and will becoming an osteopath reduce my job opportunities in the future?

no

Oh you bumped an old thread.

Pure quality thread bump.

Only on SDN can you catch a flame from a year old fire :laugh:

The main difference that matters between the MD and DO worlds is the CERVIX. MD students all must take the USMLE, and all DO students must take the CERVIX. A few DO students seem ready for the CERVIX really quickly, most, however, are not due to lack of experience with it. If one is too aggressive trying to "own" the CERVIX, many other things may fall to the side, and this may affect your time to graduation. In the end, I would gladly give up the CERVIX if I could just use all my energy to study for one thing.

Just my n=1

I like the latest and greatest Mario, but my heart belongs to Samus.

Tallon_Metroid_01.jpg

I have the Konami Code; all your base are belong to me.

Members don't see this ad :)
The main difference that matters between the MD and DO worlds is the CERVIX. MD students all must take the USMLE, and all DO students must take the CERVIX. A few DO students seem ready for the CERVIX really quickly, most, however, are not due to lack of experience with it. If one is too aggressive trying to "own" the CERVIX, many other things may fall to the side, and this may affect your time to graduation. In the end, I would gladly give up the CERVIX if I could just use all my energy to study for one thing.

Just my n=1

Tallon_Metroid_01.jpg

Not sure why you'd want to give up the CERVIX.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

Am I missing out on a joke here...? CERVIX..?

I don't know why, but today seems like it's gonna be a great daaaaaaaayyyy...

Am I missing out on a joke here...? CERVIX..?

You've never heard of the CERVIX?

Lol...as far as that's concerned, I can only take this down further. Did that prior poster actually mean to type "cervix" though? It is that just consistent butchery or a well known inside joke that I'm just lost on? For the record, I'm relatively new to SDN, so if I'm missing out on some joke related to a prior thread or something...well..

Personally, I enjoyed the loading screen in Super Mario 64 where you got to stretch his face around. Kept me busy for hours as a kid. :D

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Super Mario 64 has to be one of the best mario games of all time
Did anyone else collect all the stars?

Not sure why you'd want to give up the CERVIX.

i would like to keep my cervix thank you very much.

Just my n=1

Tallon_Metroid_01.jpg

sidenote:

"Other M" was ****ing AWFUL

No you don't and Bones worked hard for his re-acceptance is n=1 and still doesn't bring down DO schools in any way. Anyways its always great when people bump old DO vs MD threads.

I'm more of an Xbox guy

:flame:

Easily and I beat that obese penguin in a race too.

Still my love for 1985 mario will never go away. :love:

I might have to purchase an N64 for med school. What say ye?

I would say get original nintendo plus mario bros. and duck hunt with it.

If you can get golden eye, then I say buy the N64 also.

do ittttttttt

must haves include:
super mario 64
tony hawk pro skater
zelda
goldeneye
mario kart
super smash bros
starfox

The hardest stars in that game were the Tick Tock Clock 100 coins and the 8 red coins of the place where you fly around on clouds because every time you fell you had to waltz back up the castle again.

Got a good grip of those on Wii via download.

I would say get original nintendo plus mario bros. and duck hunt with it.

If you can get golden eye, then I say buy the N64 also.

Duck Hunt is awesome, I agree.

do ittttttttt

must haves include:
super mario 64
tony hawk pro skater
zelda
goldeneye
mario kart
super smash bros
starfox

I used to have all those games (except zelda and goldeneye) and I really wish I had kept everything.

The hardest stars in that game were the Tick Tock Clock 100 coins and the 8 red coins of the place where you fly around on clouds because every time you fell you had to waltz back up the castle again.

those were tricky for sure.

One of my friends borrowed mine (N64) along with around 20 games. I hadnt seen him for a while and so when I did I asked him about it. He told me he didnt know what happend to it. That bastard sold it i know it. :mad::eek::confused:

One of my friends borrowed mine (N64) along with around 20 games. I hadnt seen him for a while and so when I did I asked him about it. He told me he didnt know what happend to it. That bastard sold it i know it. :mad::eek::confused:

Lame friend.

That's a bad friend who you did not get outta your life cheaply...probably worth chasing him around the neighborhood over.

I love to play mario kart. We have an N64 and sadly my wife kicks my butt every time. It's embarrassing, I know.

I love to play mario kart. We have an N64 and sadly my wife kicks my butt every time. It's embarrassing, I know.

My wife and I used to play Mario Kart Wii online with random people. I would try to get 1st place and she would back me up by destroying anyone behind me. Was good times.

My wife and I used to play Mario Kart Wii online with random people. I would try to get 1st place and she would back me up by destroying anyone behind me. Was good times.

Mario kart wii is awesome.

I own ALL versions of Nintendo since the original NES!!! These thing became big hits at our parties in grad school. Lol. Ever gotten drunk and played Nintendo? Haha.

I have a ton of games for each. They are my prized possessions. Lol.

I own ALL versions of Nintendo since the original NES!!! These thing became big hits at our parties in grad school. Lol. Ever gotten drunk and played Nintendo? Haha.

I have a ton of games for each. They are my prized possessions. Lol.

Best drinking game is any version of Mario kart. Everyone starts a fresh beer at the beginning of a race. Before you hit the finish line you must finish your beer. However, you can't drink while driving. Whoever finishes the race last or fails to finish their beer before finishing the race has to play again.

Best drinking game is any version of Mario kart. Everyone starts a fresh beer at the beginning of a race. Before you hit the finish line you must finish your beer. However, you can't drink while driving. Whoever finishes the race last or fails to finish their beer before finishing the race has to play again.

Lol. Right on!!

This thread turned quality. Super cool.

Oh man... fun times with the N64. I played mine all thought college alongside my Xbox. Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros are two of the best games ever created. Hands down. I still have my original N64 somewhere around my apartment. Might bust that bad boy out this summer.

Oh man... fun times with the N64. I played mine all thought college alongside my Xbox. Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros are two of the best games ever created. Hands down. I still have my original N64 somewhere around my apartment. Might bust that bad boy out this summer.

For all the 4 weeks you have off, amirite? :smuggrin:

I don't understand your curriculum that only leaves you with a month off for summer vacation :(