Is getting verified by labor day too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

salsasunrise123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am in process of getting verified and would like to know how much of a disadvantage it will be if I get verified by AACOMAS/AMCAS around Labor Day and submit to schools immediately after? I get my MCAT back at end of August. I am non-traditional applicant (went to law school before doing postbac) and I have a 4.0 science GPA and 3.9 non-science GPA. I also have 1 publication as first author and numerous EC's and currently work full time in healthcare. Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I am in process of getting verified and would like to know how much of a disadvantage it will be if I get verified by AACOMAS/AMCAS around Labor Day and submit to schools immediately after? I get my MCAT back at end of August. I am non-traditional applicant (went to law school before doing postbac) and I have a 4.0 science GPA and 3.9 non-science GPA. I also have 1 publication as first author and numerous EC's and currently work full time in healthcare. Thanks!!!
If your MCAT score matches your GPA, you will most likely get in somewhere pretty easily. You most likely won't get into the best school you could have if you applied early in the cycle. You just have to ask whether it is better to you to get in a year earlier, or to the best possible school next year.