Is going crazy !!!!! Someone help me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Enchant16

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys so I just can't make a decision between tufts and UF. I just found out I got a scholarship from tufts so the cost between the school are identical. I liked tufts facilities much more than UFs. Not a fan of the cold and would like to still be relatively close to home. Both are solid schools. I know at the end of the day it's my decision to make but any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I'm running out of time help me pleaseeeee.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys so I just can't make a decision between tufts and UF. I just found out I got a scholarship from tufts so the cost between the school are identical. I liked tufts facilities much more than UFs. Not a fan of the cold and would like to still be relatively close to home. Both are solid schools. I know at the end of the day it's my decision to make but any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I'm running out of time help me pleaseeeee.

I just got a quick question about Scholarship... Dont you have to work at some specific areas after you graduate if you accept the scholarship?

I just got a quick question about Scholarship... Dont you have to work at some specific areas after you graduate if you accept the scholarship?

I wasn't aware of that. In my acceptance letter it just says 50 % off tuition each year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wasn't aware of that. In my acceptance letter it just says 50 % off tuition each year.

Read all the terms before you accept anything. You should give Tufts a call.

If the scholarship lacks stipulations, and the initial cost were the same (ie turfts is now 50% lower tuition w/ the scholarship), I would go to turfts. You will be sufficiently busy that the difference in weather isn't going to be a big deal. It sounds like the only advantage of UF for you, is the possible social support network. That's only an asset if you will still be living in the same area though.

If you mean that with the scholarship they are the same price, I might go UF to be closer to family.

Full disclosure: I have a UF interview coming up, but I'm OOS, so I wouldn't be competing for your seat anyway.

If you like the facilities more, you have answered your own question already. Cost is the same, go with the place you like more which sounds like Tufts

Both are great schools. Honestly you can not go wrong at either one.

However, look at secondary costs. Would living in Boston cost you a lot more than living nearby? Also, travel home would be more expensive.

Many OOS people would love to get into UF. I say take that advantage you had and go there. It will be cheaper and you can keep your friends and support network.

I am a FL resident that chose Tufts over UF/Nova. However, I have no intention of returning to the state of FL. At the same time I wanted to try something different and 4 years is good enough time to spend in an urban city like Boston. NYC is a bus ride away. The weather is definitely different but its all part of the experience. I picked up winter sports in the northeast and now find it too hot when I come back for winter breaks in FL. Speaking with friends who have attended UF, the only thing they can ever tell me is that they pay less but don't like much else about the dental school. Most of the other positive experiences are related to the undergrad and sports moreso than the dental school itself. I know you have gotten a scholarship and people on this forum are all about the cheapest school....but we have a lifetime to make money. I do not regret my choice to attend Tufts and would do it all over again. I am an upperclassmen, all the construction is done and the new curriculum is ironed out so by the time you come here, everything will be even smoother.