Is it okay to apply to med school in mid-August to September?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dredredre

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If apps start 1st of June, but my undergrad research will be taking place over the summer, is it okay to wait the 10-week duration of the program to then include it in the app?

I'm not applying this year, I'm just planning for the future. Thanks in advance:)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hell no. Like what the above posters have said, you can include your summer activities. Don't wait for something like that.

You can include summer activities even if you apply in June.
I'm starting volunteering at place this June- can I still add it into my AMCAS? If so, how should I log the hours :\?

Awesome thanks for the quick response. This isn't considered lying/unethical right? I mean I'm going to actually do volunteer at the place for X amount of hours.

Just make sure you speak in future tense.

The rules changed a couple cycles ago so that you can add future events rather than being limited to what has already happened. Game changer.

Reactions: 2 users
I applied that late due to other circumstances, and I was fine. That being said, it took me a bit longer to get an acceptance compared to my friends who submitted in June.

The rules changed a couple cycles ago so that you can add future events rather than being limited to what has already happened. Game changer.

Do you know if this also applies to TMDSAS? I have been stressing over not having enough clinical exposure,shadowing etc. Do you input estimated future hours while applying or do you submit your application then send an update on these to the schools you applied to?

Do you know if this also applies to TMDSAS? I have been stressing over not having enough clinical exposure,shadowing etc. Do you input estimated future hours while applying or do you submit your application then send an update on these to the schools you applied to?
There is an entire section on TMDSAS for future activities planned.

Reactions: 1 users