Is it okay to do Credit/No Credit for classes not within the sciences?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Koaster

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I was just wondering if it's okay to take Cred/No Credit for my Spanish 202 class. I am a Biochemistry major and Foreign Languages major. Only the Spanish 300 level counts toward my degree.

Does it matter if I take it CR/NO CR? Because it's not a part of my major. I heard the AMCAS automatically weighs a "Credit" on a CR/NO CR class as a C letter grade. Is this true?

Thanks for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

I heard the AMCAS automatically weighs a "Credit" on a CR/NO CR class as a C letter grade. Is this true?
Nope, that is ridiculous and stupid. Pass/Fail credits are listed separately from your graded course GPA, they have no impact on GPA whatsoever. You should never listen to advice from the person that told you that ever again, hopefully wasn't someone in your prehealth advising...

Reactions: 1 user
You should never listen to advice from the person that told you that ever again, hopefully wasn't someone in your prehealth advising...
Well it certainly fits their MO of giving lazy, ignorant advice. FFS, <2 mins on google turns up AMCAS' policy on P/NP grading.

I would honestly like to find out what the qualifications are for becoming a "premed advisor" in some of these schools.

Reactions: 1 user