Is it okay to put curse words in your Personal Statement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

namesjoshua0304

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey!

I was just wondering if ya'll think it is okay/ if you have ever put curse words in your Personal Statement if the context was right. Like if you were quoting someone else or something like that.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Of course, don't forget to mention the big bucks you'll be earning.

Reactions: 2 users
Of course it's ok!

:rolleyes:

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I swear these threads get better every day.

Reactions: 26 users
I wouldn't do this. The way I see it, because it is unprofessional to swear in a professional setting, you shouldn't swear in a piece of writing that is akin to part of a job interview.

I wouldn't do this. The way I see it, because it is unprofessional to swear in a professional setting, you shouldn't swear in a piece of writing that is akin to part of a job interview.
good point! appreciate it

Reactions: 1 user
A lot of adcoms recommend their applicants doing this, because it's right in our constitution: freedom of speech and all that.

Reactions: 7 users
I told the haters I wanted to be a dentist.
They said, "**** that ****. You'll never make it"
But here I am, applying to dental school. I'll be damned if the haters bring me down. Go to hell, haters.

You know, I was going to say don't put in curse words. But now I think you should. I'd enjoy a PS with curse words, but I guess I'm no adcom.

Reactions: 10 users
Don't forget to tell that b!tch@$$ dean that they better accept you.

Reactions: 10 users
Bo, please just write it and post it here, I need a good laugh. Seriously though, I can't think of many situations that it would be at all appropriate.

Totally ok
I say go for it
This is America
Don't stand for political correctness
It your right to curse

Our forefather gave us the right to curse
So curse on

Don't let those b*****tch a**** doctors interviewing u stop u from doing it

Please do tell us how the interviews and app cycle went for you.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Your application will certainly stand out if that is what you are going for. Diversity, am I right?

Studies show that applicants who swear in their applications portray a sense of fearlessness in the face of professionalism, which even the most prestigious of dental schools find impressive.