?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Does HPSP care about dropped assault charge?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

deleted612812

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you have a misdemeanor on your record? Sounds like you'd have to get a waiver. It may not be worth the hassle especially if they have other qualified candidates.

Does anyone have information on how criminal records affect receiving HPSP?

I got into a fight with my roommate when I was 18. She was not seriously injured, but pressed charges. I fought it in court for 3 years, and finally accepted a community service plea bargain. This means when I finish community service I will have a non-criminal violation on my record.

I am taking the MCAT's in January and I expect a 30+ score. My GPA is 3.5. My EC's and recommendations are really good.

Do I still have a chance of receiving the scholarship? Being a military doc is my dream.
What'd she look like afterwards!? j/k

If it was a misd charge, you should be fine. If it was an actual felony (assault, battery, etc etc), that might require some more explaining. If it only happened once and you explain the situation honestly (especially on your security clearance application), they'll probably gloss over it and accept you. If you lie about it or try to cover it up in some way and it comes up during your security clearance investigation, you're hosed.