Is it really that hard to dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have the chance to go to Africa and volunteers/intern at a dental clinic in Kenya the summer of my senior year in high school. I'm hoping to apply to an accelerated dental program (to which you apply after your first semester of college) and I'm really hoping my parents agree and I hope this really stands me out from other applicants! Cause I have good high school stats as of right now and volunteer work and research but as others have said, that's something everyone has.

Go go go! Never turn down the chance to travel!

Members don't see this ad.

I have the chance to go to Africa and volunteers/intern at a dental clinic in Kenya the summer of my senior year in high school. I'm hoping to apply to an accelerated dental program (to which you apply after your first semester of college) and I'm really hoping my parents agree and I hope this really stands me out from other applicants! Cause I have good high school stats as of right now and volunteer work and research but as others have said, that's something everyone has.
You're in highschool and already have research? Doin what?

Baylor Hospital has a research program for teens. Nothing huge like those available to college students but yah...

Reactions: 1 user