Is it safe to assume that they've already looked at my application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dthiem20

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So... I applied to several schools as a second batcher but my committee letter was uploaded in early August.
After that, I received several application complete emails from schools.
However, since then, I havent heard back from many of those schools unlike many others.
For instance, I received a "file under review" emails from U Pittsburgh, USC, and UOP in early August.
Since then, however, I have not heard back from all of them.
What concerns me is that people who have received the same email later than me have received an interview invite.
As a result, I was wondering if it's safe to assume that I am already looked over and they've decided to not invite me for the interview...
Thanks in advance and let me know your opinions on this issue.

Members don't see this ad.

There isn't really any way for us to know unless we're on the admissions committee there. For now, it would just be blind speculation. You've done what you could. If you're worried, go ahead and give the school a call and ask if your application has been reviewed yet, as you are concerned it was submitted by AADSAS too late.

Thanks for your reply.
I guess I know that there is no way I would be able to know with certainty what is going on with my application. This waiting game is a lot more difficult than I expected.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your reply.
I guess I know that there is no way I would be able to know with certainty what is going on with my application. This waiting game is a lot more difficult than I expected.

In UoP's active review email they say "allow 7-8 weeks.....it may exceed this time period". Also, USC is VERY late in the review process and VERY slow... I think they've only sent out one wave of interview invites thus far. I know the waiting is killing, I wasn't under active review at all of my schools until early September.

In UoP's active review email they say "allow 7-8 weeks.....it may exceed this time period". Also, USC is VERY late in the review process and VERY slow... I think they've only sent out one wave of interview invites thus far. I know the waiting is killing, I wasn't under active review at all of my schools until early September.

I definitely understand your point. however the reason why I am concerned is that Ive been under active review status for awhile now and when I see people who applied later than me receiving interviews, it makes me wonder if Ive been already reviewed and they decided to not invite me for the interview.
I am trying to stay positive though! :)

I only have gotten 1 interview. It sucks applying late - I wasn't under review until recently.

I'm in the same boat man. Although I submitted aadsas quite early, My 3rd recommendation wasn't in until late august. I don't know if they have read my stuff or not. I was "once" confident about my stats but now I'm not so sure.

I'm in the same boat man. Although I submitted aadsas quite early, My 3rd recommendation wasn't in until late august. I don't know if they have read my stuff or not. I was "once" confident about my stats but now I'm not so sure.

What's ur stats?

3.97/3.97 21 aa/TS 22 pat. International ...

Not sure if they haven't read my stuff because my recommendation is late, or they have already read it and decide I'm not up for the interview :worriedface