Is it the Match or match?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ee2k3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As I work to compose a new personal statement I discuss the Match--or is it the match?

For the following sentences, should the word match be capitalized:

I did not Match...
My match strategy...

Thank you grammar crew!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
not sure if I would use it as a noun
I would say something like "unfortunately did not match into a residency program"
...but if you have to, then I would capitalize the M

Is it even a good idea to bring that up? My thoughts are that you need to keep out any negativity in the PS.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I would keep the PS positive, if you want to address something negative I would do it in the interview. This is just what I would do so take it for what its worth.

Reactions: 1 users
Is it even a good idea to bring that up? My thoughts are that you need to keep out any negativity in the PS.

I don’t completely agree with this. The worst thing you can do is have mysterious potential red flags that are not that red in reality.

Selection Committee Meeting:

“OK, here is ee2k3’s application… I see there is a year off. Can anyone see why?”

Well, all of the LOR’s are very positive, but from last year.
The PS is very positive, sounds like they are truly interested in psychiatry...

“Did they enter an MPH program or join the Peace Corps?”

It just doesn’t say.

“Next!” :sorry:

Reactions: 1 user
In general issues/discrepancies should be addressed in the personal statement. With there being way more applications than interview slots I will choose an application about which I have no questions over one about which I have questions (all other things being equal).

In general issues/discrepancies should be addressed in the personal statement. With there being way more applications than interview slots I will choose an application about which I have no questions over one about which I have questions (all other things being equal).
Amen!

Im thinking about writing about my COMLEX PE failure and how that devastated me, how I didn't match, but how I am determined to come back even harder and what I have done to make myself a better candidate.

Im thinking about writing about my COMLEX PE failure and how that devastated me, how I didn't match, but how I am determined to come back even harder and what I have done to make myself a better candidate.
Just do it succinctly as we still want to hear about you the person and why you want to do psychiatry.