is it time to panic?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PTgirl416

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
maybe I'm just overreacting but i've applied to a bunch of schools and i've seen posts by other applicants saying they've already heard from some of my schools... and I haven't heard anything at all. should i start to panic? some of my schools' deadlines haven't even come yet. anyone else starting to panic? :eek::xf:

Members don't see this ad.

Theres never a time to panic unless the world is going to end! Just wait it out. Which schools are you applying to?

I've applied to simmons, mgh, nova southeastern, marymount, shenandoah, atsu, and u maryland eastern shore... congrats on your acceptances though :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey pt girl,

The only schools in your list that I applied to were nova se and marymount. Marymount sent me (what im assuming to be) an auto reply email the day after the deadline inviting me to interview at the end of January. Havent heard a thing from nova se..or any of the other schools I applied to. I know how it feels..but Its no where near freak out time. Also..silence is better than a rejection letter! be patient :)

thank you :) i'm just extra nervous because i don't have the best of stats and i'm always seeing these 3.8 gpa students talking about how theyyy are nervous. i'm like hello?! you have nothing to worry about! i'm just praying i'll get in anywhere... good luck to you though!! :xf:

i'm always seeing these 3.8 gpa students talking about how theyyy are nervous. i'm like hello?! you have nothing to worry about!

OMG, youre awesome! When did you submit your app. that may be a factor.

naaaah. just relax and take a breath. you'll be fine. these schools just like to torture us a bit, to see what we're made of. to see if we're up to the quest of becoming physical therapists, defenders of the universe!

haha thanks... I submitted PTCAS in October and I received emails saying they've received my documents, etc. so i know they have everything.

overall gpa: 2.9
prereq gpa: ranges from 3 to 3.4
gre: Verbal- 440 Quantitative- 530 AW- 4.5

i don't pray but i'm praying...

I've been wondering the same thing about a few of my schools. As far as the ones you applied to, I heard from Shenandoah in late November(?) and ATSU early December-ish. My Shenandoah interview was going to be January 6 (but I declined it) and my ATSU interview is January 28th.

But I have not heard anything from MGH or Simmons. I have read about a couple people hearing from MGH, but as far as I know no one has heard from Simmons yet. Still hoping. I've read some posts from last year's admissions cycle, and for some schools, people were invited for interviews wayyyy later than other applicants. Try to stay positive, some schools take longer than others to process everything and get rolling. Good luck!

I'm also wondering about a few schools...but don't let it get to ya! gotta stay positive! I'm still waiting to hear from Duke, Pacific U. and N. Arizona U. From the looks of what i've been seeing on the forum, guess I didn't make the cut for Duke, but I still haven't recieved a rejection letter, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed until then! Good luck!

University: Northwestern State University
Major: Biology
Overall GPA: 3.75
Pre-Req GPA: 3.9
GRE: V:430; Q:530; W:3
Volunteer: 150 hours
Applied: UC-Denver, Duke, Northern Arizona, Pacific U., LSU-Shreveport
Acceptances: ????
Rejections: UC-Denver
Interviews: LSU-Shreveport.
Attending: ????

I'm also wondering about a few schools...but don't let it get to ya! gotta stay positive! I'm still waiting to hear from Duke, Pacific U. and N. Arizona U. From the looks of what i've been seeing on the forum, guess I didn't make the cut for Duke, but I still haven't recieved a rejection letter, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed until then! Good luck!

University: Northwestern State University
Major: Biology
Overall GPA: 3.75
Pre-Req GPA: 3.9
GRE: V:430; Q:530; W:3
Volunteer: 150 hours
Applied: UC-Denver, Duke, Northern Arizona, Pacific U., LSU-Shreveport
Acceptances: ????
Rejections: UC-Denver
Interviews: LSU-Shreveport.
Attending: ????
If last year is any indication, NAU won't send out interview invitations until late January so don't give up on them yet.