Is it worth getting a new LOR from same person?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LaughingGas

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN,
I'm a reapplicant for this new upcoming cycle. I will be using committee letter, but I was wondering if it's a good idea to get a new LOR from the same dentist that I've been working with (He knows me better than the last time he wrote me a letter,so I think the letter would be better). I'm already getting new LOR from other professors.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello SDN,
I'm a reapplicant for this new upcoming cycle. I will be using committee letter, but I was wondering if it's a good idea to get a new LOR from the same dentist that I've been working with (He knows me better than the last time he wrote me a letter,so I think the letter would be better). I'm already getting new LOR from other professors.

Thank you.

yup.

Definitely not a bad idea if he's ok with it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Little late to the party, but this is my situation as well and I'm going for an updated letter too. I've been told that it's looked upon favorably if you update almost everything on your app if you're a reapplicant, meaning personal statement as well.

Good luck :luck: