Is MD better than DO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sizillyd

Go Pack
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why is it harder to get into MD schools than it is for DO schools? I've heard them be called "separate but equal" programs. What's the deal with this?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
This should be good

cluelessness.jpg

Last edited:
How is this not closed already? (Yes, I realize the time span)

In before closing!! In before closing!!!!!!!:laugh:

in before closed!

Obvious troll is obvious

:smuggrin: :claps::corny:

I think people are immune to these threads now :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Am I missing something? Why is this funny? It is a legitimate question. Bury me with my ignorance, but explain my folly to me please.

Am I missing something? Why is this funny? It is a legitimate question. Bury me with my ignorance, but explain my folly to me please.

because they usually lead to flame wars from both sides. So they are usually closed.

MD and DO debates exist all amongst these threads. Its nothing new.

People don't want to be dragged into those debates cuz they turn ugly.

No.

In before lock.

Is it possible to donate(sell) your left testicle for money?

I think the better question to have been asked here was "What are the differences b/w DO and MD?"

lol

Yes MD is better and I'm better than you also.

The thread about sleeping with your professor is better than this one.

There is NO difference!! My primary care doctor is a DO, and he's the best out of the five I had in the last 7 years (all others where MD's). I'm also kind of dating this doctor I met at the hospital where I'm volunteering, he's a DO, and he said it did not affect him whatsoever (I know he makes great money, if that's what you care about). The nurse who supervises me says she can't tell the difference between the two unless someone specifically tells her who earned what degree!!!

There is NO difference!! My primary care doctor is a DO, and he's the best out of the five I had in the last 7 years (all others where MD's). I'm also kind of dating this doctor I met at the hospital where I'm volunteering, he's a DO, and he said it did not affect him whatsoever (I know he makes great money, if that's what you care about). The nurse who supervises me says she can't tell the difference between the two unless someone specifically tells her who earned what degree!!!

oh no no no no

you did NOT just take the bait...

The answer to the OP's question is so obvious.

the link above is the best answer to the OPs question.

It seems that this thread never really had a chance, I would like to ask that in the future you wait for the flame war to start before jumping in and derailing the thread with comments about how the thread is going to be locked.

That said, you've done enough of a job side tracking this thread without an actual flame-war that I'm going to go ahead and close... good job, guys. :smack:

Status
Not open for further replies.