Is My Academic Transcript Too Late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WorldWiz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've spoken with medical students before who say they got their interview invite at the beginning of July, so I'm starting to think that rolling admissions makes the "real" deadline for med school apps more like 1-2 weeks after the opening date of June 1st. Is this an accurate assessment at all?

So my concern then is that submitting my academic transcripts somehow slipped my mind for a while, and I've just submitted requests today to have all of my transcripts sent, and based on previous experience, I'm estimating 2-3 weeks at least for everything to be received and processed. Seeing as how application submissions open next Saturday, how badly does this hurt my chances? And can I still make up for it if submit any secondaries I receive within 1 or 2 days? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

AMCAS primary application won't be sent to individual schools until late June. So, if AMCAS receives your transcript and finishes the verification by the time when they start to send the applications, your application will be still "the earliest" that you can submit. Since it will be mid June when AMCAS receives your transcript, I don't think the verification of your primary application should not take too long. Check out the thread about how long verification usually takes depending on the submission date (I think it's called verification thread?).

Back to your question, I highly doubt that it will hurt your chances. Considering that secondaries will take 1-2 weeks usually for many applicants, yes you will do just fine.

Just apply as early as you can, and you will be all set!

This sounds like game over, bro.

Seriously, though, the first day you can click "submit" on your AMCAS is 4 June, not next Saturday. As long as you click "submit" by 10-14 June, your application will likely be "verified" by 28 June, which is when they start sending data to schools. My guess is that as long as your schools don't lose the request, you'll still be verified long before the 28 June date.

Since it will be mid June when AMCAS receives your transcript, I don't think the verification of your primary application should not take too long.

Didn't realize for a second you were only talking about OP. But if it makes OP feel any better, it only took a few days for mine. Just call your registrar and make sure they've processed your request.