Is my target score realistic?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kpw101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm shooting for a 515+ and practice exams so far have been absolutely killing me. Granted I'm not done with content review yet but I have around 6 weeks left before I take the exam. Should I consider postponing my test date? These are my practice scores so far. I have a few more TPR exams left, 5 NS exams, AAMC material, and I might be able to squeeze in a couple more EK exams.

NS 1/2 Diagnostic: 496
NS 1: 503
TPR 1: 499

Members don't see this ad.

If you don't have an unrealistic target score, then you're not aiming high enough. If you want to maximize your score, the Berkeley Review is a must.

Most people I know who scored above a 515 were scoring consistently above a 500 on practice tests early (Kaplan, TPR), but that's not to say you can't get there. You still have a while before your exam date, so I suggest really studying smart and focusing on the areas in which you're lacking. I know you're probably saving your AAMC materials for later, but if you really want to see around where you'd score, take one of the AAMC exams.

I did all my studying in 6 weeks. My Kaplan diagnostic was a 25 and I got a 38. It can be done.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm shooting for a 515+ and practice exams so far have been absolutely killing me. Granted I'm not done with content review yet but I have around 6 weeks left before I take the exam. Should I consider postponing my test date? These are my practice scores so far. I have a few more TPR exams left, 5 NS exams, AAMC material, and I might be able to squeeze in a couple more EK exams.

NS 1/2 Diagnostic: 496
NS 1: 503
TPR 1: 499
Yeah you can do it. 6 weeks is plenty of time if you go ham and learn from your mistakes and critically evaluate your weak areas. Plus don't place too much stock in prep company FL scores. Trust your AAMC scores when you get closer to the date. For TPR shoot for 510 but 505 is still great and NS 510-515

For reference, I scored a 519 and I got a 503, 507, and 504 on my TPR practice tests. I scored a 512 on NS, but this was pretty close to my actual test date (2.5 weeks out).