Is no news good news?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoldenDomer11

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I notice that some people are posting in the interview thread about rejection emails..? I have applied to and completed applications (with confirmation) for 15 schools and have only heard from one about interviews ("held" / waitlist at Midwestern-AZ). Mail out date was 7/31.

I am just curious if my application is thus still being considered if I'm not getting rejection letters or is it just too early for most schools to send out rejections already?

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on the school. If you have no news from a schools that's been rejecting, it's probably good news! No news from other schools could mean anything. Schools are definitely still sending out invites pre-December though, so just hang tight!

^ It's too early to tell at this point. Schools tend to jump around in terms of batch dates for interviews. For now, you should take it as [it isn't bad news].

Members don't see this ad :)
It's not as good as getting interviews and it's not as bad as getting rejections. It really is as simple as I put it. Nothing more, nothing less. Anything else would be speculation at best.
I haven't heard anything from 18/21 schools I applied to so far. And I applied 2nd batch. I'm starting to get a bit anxious but I think it's natural.

Just relax and do your best with your current responsibilities. No use stressing over something that's out of our hands now.

It's not as good as getting interviews and it's not as bad as getting rejections. It really is as simple as I put it. Nothing more, nothing less. Anything else would be speculation at best.
I haven't heard anything from 18/21 schools I applied to so far. And I applied 2nd batch. I'm starting to get a bit anxious but I think it's natural.

Just relax and do your best with your current responsibilities. No use stressing over something that's out of our hands now.

For me, getting no news was honestly bad news. The waiting game took a toll on me, making them seem worse than rejections. It's like living with a chronic debilitating disease vs getting killed in an instant lol

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! Sorry to jump on this thread.

when do dental schools start extending their acceptance? Is it the first Monday of December? Which is December 8th, 2015.

December 1st is the decision date for most schools.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
For me, getting no news was honestly bad news. The waiting game took a toll on me, making them seem worse than rejections. It's like living with a chronic debilitating disease vs getting killed in an instant lol

I'll be honest, I completely agree with your statement.. I do believe in the statement I made, but it still takes a big toll on me.
I check SDN and AADSAS like a thousand times a day... I wish it would be August 2016 already so it'll all be done