Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

Is Northeastern Uni.(Boston) hard to get into?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Tai, 11.29.04.

1. Thanks to Crack the PCAT
  1. Tai

Tai Member

SDN 7+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I was wondering if anyone has applied to Northeastern University? It seems really focused on the 6-year prgrm. Its website is so hard to navigate so i was wondering if anyone knew pharm stats on it? How many seats available for "transfer" students, how many students enrolled in general? When I called them, the admissions office was really vague and didnt know anything.

Thanks!
  2. doubleup144

doubleup144 Member

SDN 5+ Year Member
    Tai,
    I considered applying to pharmacy school at Northeastern, but was reluctant to since they primarily marketed their program to those entering undergrad or transfer students. Since you already have you BS, I would question a program like that and look elsewhere. It's hard to say where they would admit you if you did apply, based on their curriculum. Not to say the NE prorgam is bad, there are programs out there that better fit your educational background.

Pete
    - UOP PharmD/MBA -
  3. Tai

Tai Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    Thanks for the heads up! Appreciate it. Have you heard anything about Mass. College of Pharmacy?
  4. kwakster928

kwakster928 A Legal Drug Dealer

It is 10 o'clock. Do you know where your drugs are
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    if you have BS you are wise to stay away from the 6 year program schools. even though your stats will be superior than the avg class, but that will not get you seat anywhere or it is extremely difficult. i think more schools are gearing toward professional years only. there is a good comparison chart in AACP website under students. go to www.aacp.org and look under applicants/students. you will find a lot of information there.
  5. doubleup144

doubleup144 Member

SDN 5+ Year Member
    I haven't heard anything about the Mass. School of Pharmacy since I'm here on the West Coast. A majority, it not all pharmacists I know went to school on the West Coast, primarily California. When I was applying to Pharm School, I did find AACP to be a great resource for different pharmacy schools. I'm glad Tae brought that site up.

Also, ACPE is another great resource to check out. ACPE is responsible for the Accredititation process for pharmacy schools. It's a great topic to talk about when you have pharmacy school interviews.

Here's the ACPE Web Site: ACPE

Pete

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal