Is OSCE a good book for cs (IMG)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rickygbv

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
And which one is the best book?
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

dont know what book you're referring too. But i've seen several books for CS and First Aid for CS is the best for USMLE II CS

To clear up - OSCE is not a book. It's an acronym for "Objective structured clinical examination."
It's a way to test a student's clinical skills in a structured setting - most medical schools incorporate it in one or more exams during the clinical years ( at my school we did it for ObGyn, Internal med and Surgery). If You've been tested with OSCE, then step 2 CS may seem a bit easier...

The only book you need for step 2 CS is FA for step 2 CS. Read it, and do the practice cases - preferably with a partner (at least that what others say - I did it on my own, and I'm not a native English speaker, and went to medical school in Europe, and I passed).

Good luck with the test.

Members don't see this ad :)
To clear up - OSCE is not a book. It's an acronym for "Objective structured clinical examination."
It's a way to test a student's clinical skills in a structured setting - most medical schools incorporate it in one or more exams during the clinical years ( at my school we did it for ObGyn, Internal med and Surgery). If You've been tested with OSCE, then step 2 CS may seem a bit easier...

The only book you need for step 2 CS is FA for step 2 CS. Read it, and do the practice cases - preferably with a partner (at least that what others say - I did it on my own, and I'm not a native English speaker, and went to medical school in Europe, and I passed).

Good luck with the test.
I agree. I haven't done my CS yet, but it is something between OSCEs and PACEs. FA is the way forward.

I think the OP was referring to Kaplan CS prep course. I heard that they have one day of stimulated patient encounters that mimic CS and costs about 1k. I would still read and practice with a friend First Aid for CS before taking the stimulated pt encounter.