Is retransmitting usmle transcript enough?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iqureshi7

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just recently got my step 2 ck/cs scores. However, all the programs I applied to have already downloaded my application. Is it enough to retransmit the usmle transcript via eras or should I send an e-mail to all the program coordinators that I have my step 2 score available now. The reason I am asking is that I know the they print out hard copies of the app for reviewing purposes. Perhaps, if I don't call attention to updated score it might not get into my file?

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

hi, i also recently received my step 2 ck score, and resubmitted my uslme transcript (background: applying to competitive peds programs). almost every single program of the 26 i applied to downloaded my score either that day or the next, so i don't think contacting them directly would be necessary

It is not necessary to contact programs. This happens all the time.

Programs that run a completely paperless application system will simply see the new scores in your electronic file.

Programs that run a paper based system will print out your new score report when downloaded and add it to your file.

Either way, you're fine.