Is Sheridan Healthcare really Satan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A testament to how bad Sheridan is the large number of places they have been kicked out or tried to take over and failed.

McAllen, TX,
JPS Fort Worth, TX,
Logansport, IN
And dozens more.

I made the mistake of going to an interview with the Sheridan Scum, I never made the mistake of signing up but they were the among most dishonest and deceitful characters, I have had ever encountered.

I would only rank Anesthetix Management (AKA. Anthem Associates) or AmSol as more malignant AMC companies.
Sheridan's takeover of Hackensack Anesthesiology is subject to legal action April 2011, chief of Medicine P Gross caught them making the sale without hospital approval. Millions foolishly paid by Sheridan to old anesthesia chief and total 80M acquisition of NOTHING!!! Seems Sheridan was duped by old chief who never had permission. gross has taken action w hackensack university medical center against fools at Sheridan and almost successful hackensack anesthesia con man and group partners. Horn quoted, "gross just a jackass"

Members don't see this ad.

Sheridan's takeover of Hackensack Anesthesiology is subject to legal action April 2011, chief of Medicine P Gross caught them making the sale without hospital approval. Millions foolishly paid by Sheridan to old anesthesia chief and total 80M acquisition of NOTHING!!! Seems Sheridan was duped by old chief who never had permission. gross has taken action w hackensack university medical center against fools at Sheridan and almost successful hackensack anesthesia con man and group partners. Horn quoted, "gross just a jackass"

Curious where you got your info. Could you PM me more about this?

Members don't see this ad :)
Worked for them for 5 months- would have been 2 but I had to give 90 days notice- Horrible company to work for- no leadership- they pay you ridiculous to do as your told and keep quiet and use scare tactics that make you feel pressured to practice sub-par medicine. I've heard how they screw you if you are sued and offer no real support or protection -yet place the doc in unsafe medical legal situations. they didn't pay me for the last two months of work- I owed part of my bonus and had a difficult time paying it back also (ie they didn't give me reasonable time) I was told I could easily have sued them on a number of counts- but I am just glad to be done with them.

Worked for them for 5 months- would have been 2 but I had to give 90 days notice- Horrible company to work for- no leadership- they pay you ridiculous to do as your told and keep quiet and use scare tactics that make you feel pressured to practice sub-par medicine. I've heard how they screw you if you are sued and offer no real support or protection -yet place the doc in unsafe medical legal situations. they didn't pay me for the last two months of work- I owed part of my bonus and had a difficult time paying it back also (ie they didn't give me reasonable time) I was told I could easily have sued them on a number of counts- but I am just glad to be done with them.

And, as an added bonus, they take part of your billing! So your paying for this service! Where do I sign up?

So if you want to race to the bottom of income and pay a percentage of your earnings so that Sheridan can give a return to their shareholders go right ahead.
If you want to relinquish control of your practice, have them determine what the market rate is for your area and then see them skim off everything above that and call it excessive profits and keep it for the corporation, by all means sign up.
If you wish to see a permanent reduction in income while they make money off your labor, they are for you.
If for some reason Sheridan loses the contract for your hospital you are barred from leaving them and joining the group that displaces them.
It's a great system.
They will tell you that your income will go up because they are able to negotiate better rates because of their market share.
Maybe, but we found that not to be true. No one will negotiate harder for rates than you yourself.
Totally not worth it unless you have zero other prospects.

Reactions: 1 user
So if you want to race to the bottom of income and pay a percentage of your earnings so that Sheridan can give a return to their shareholders go right ahead.
If you want to relinquish control of your practice, have them determine what the market rate is for your area and then see them skim off everything above that and call it excessive profits and keep it for the corporation, by all means sign up.
If you wish to see a permanent reduction in income while they make money off your labor, they are for you.
If for some reason Sheridan loses the contract for your hospital you are barred from leaving them and joining the group that displaces them.
It's a great system.
They will tell you that your income will go up because they are able to negotiate better rates because of their market share.
Maybe, but we found that not to be true. No one will negotiate harder for rates than you yourself.
Totally not worth it unless you have zero other prospects.

Did your group sell out to Sheridan, or did you take a job where they already held the contract? Care to share what region you are in?

Sheridan sold out to amsurg and amsurg selling out to envision health (which purchased emcare).

And amsurg was trying to buy team health.

Only a few major players left in the game except they are huge.