Is the interview season over?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Niyamo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello hello- just wanted to gather some wise opinions from some fellow applicants here. I completed at most places in mid to late September and a few in early October. I received so far 4 II sporadically from October to early January. Many rejections have also come this month- just wondering if that means that my interview season is likely over. Just wanted to get sense of where I am and maybe start to think about reapplying/ next year's plan. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Certainly can't say your interview season is over -- but can say that if you do need to reapply, you will want to be able to show that you didn't stop all of your activities as soon as you submitted your application and that you are a better candidate Year 2 than Year 1

Reactions: 1 user
I have friends who are still getting invited to interviews. Definitely not over yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Friend of mine has received five II's within the last month. When schools say they send out invites from September to March (or October to April, or...), they mean it.

Look at previous years' school-specific threads for the schools you're waiting on to get an idea if they've ended their interview season or not. Some schools have but many will continue offering invites for the next month or two.

I agree completely with @SN12357 about looking at the school specific threads because it really varies quite a bit. However, my understanding is that most schools are done sending invites by about the end of January.

Reactions: 1 user
Definitely not.

Reactions: 1 users
You have two months tops to receive an interview for this season. You may get a few in the next month since you received some earlier.

Just got an II a couple of weeks ago, and I submitted day 1.

Got one a few days ago and I submitted on day 1.

Last year had a friend get one in the beginning of April, but was waitlisted and never got off :(. I would say around mid-March is when nearly all schools are done inviting people to interview. I would review last year's class threads to see when the school stops interviewing.