Is the Psychology and Sociology section bank tougher than the actual MCAT P/C section?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I ended up with 75/100 correct. 75% on the real MCAT is probably like a 125.

It felt like the questions were really a lot of 50/50 decisions and that they required a lot of outside information that I don't really believe is reasonable for us to know (like that neuroleptics were the first generation of medicine to treat schizophrenia and that they exacerbate negatuve symptoms)

For anyone who has already taken the MCAT, please tell me that the section bank questions are not really representative of the real thing in terms of difficulty and content. I write on Saturday, so I don't exactly have much time to learn new things ahahah

Members don't see this ad.

I'm writing tomorrow as well, but based on what I've read, I think the general consensus is that you should expect to see SOME section bank level passages/questions on the real MCAT. However, it will be a mix of that level of thinking along with questions more on par with the sample and scored AAMC FLs.

It is on average SIGNIFICANTLY harder. I had a lot of trouble with that section bank in particular. 64% total score in Psychology and 60% in Sociology. I typically averaged around 128 on the Kaplan FLs if you have taken those. Ended up with a 131 on the real deal.