Is there a 90 day waiting period before taking the MPJE for a second state?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OneFinePharmD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how to get licensed in multiple states. My instructor informed me that I would have to wait 90 days after I take the MPJE for my primary state (Missouri), before I can take the MPJE for my secondary state (Illinois).

I was wondering if there is a way to prevent the 90 day waiting period? Or should I just do as she says and have my Naplex scores transferred, pass the Missouri MPJE, then wait 90 days and take the Illinois MPJE?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Look for another info source. An official one. That sounds off. I am nor sure how one state could restrict when you can take another state's MPJE or why a state would not let you take theirs if you took another already. I suspect there is confusion between requirements for licensure by transfer/reciprocity and licensure by exam.

There are no 90 days waiting periods btwn different states' MPJEs, i believe.
I got licensed in three different states right after graduation and the only thing I did was have the naplex score sent to those three states and register for the MPJEs separately.

There are no 90 days waiting periods btwn different states' MPJEs, i believe.
I got licensed in three different states right after graduation and the only thing I did was have the naplex score sent to those three states and register for the MPJEs separately.

Thank you. I read the Naplex Registration Guide yesterday and it appears to be a 91 day wait "after" you are licensed and not before. I believe that's where the confusion is coming from. I may have to take the MPJE for three different states also. Wish me luck :)