Is there a limit on the amount of letter of recommendations on PharmCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mjmjoa

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I learned that the letters are submitted directly to pharmcas from the writer, which sucks to be honest, but is there a limit on how many are submitted? There are some schools that need only a certain amount of LoRs, so if let's say I have 5, and a school needs 3, do I choose from the 5 I have available? This is kind of confusing to me.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
And of those 4 if a school only wants 3, then they will choose which ones to view.

Would you recommend doing 2 professors and 2 healthcare professionals/managers, or 3 professors and 1 healthcare professional?

Would you recommend doing 2 professors and 2 healthcare professionals/managers, or 3 professors and 1 healthcare professional?

Would the 3rd professor or 2nd healthcare professional write a better letter? Most schools require 2-3 and a few will accept 4. So if the fourth one is not up to par with the other three, I'd forgo the last one altogether.

Would the 3rd professor or 2nd healthcare professional write a better letter? Most schools require 2-3 and a few will accept 4. So if the fourth one is not up to par with the other three, I'd forgo the last one altogether.

Do I get a chance to read them before submitted?

Do I get a chance to read them before submitted?
some very good-mannored people give you a hardcopy of LOR..however that's unusual. you might need to ask them. However, you do not have to read it though (unless you don't trust that person..in that case, you should've not asked!)

Reactions: 1 user